New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    I agree Teana is the clear winner here. Just wondering, how come i don't see Teanas roaming our streets that often?
    bec. of the irony. elegant nga, para naman nagmumura ang pangalan. nawala ang image hahaha

meron na din ganyan dati na executive car na nilabas dito pero yun pangalan ng car ata eh aventado or basta tado yun last syllables.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    I agree Teana is the clear winner here. Just wondering, how come i don't see Teanas roaming our streets that often?
    Like pop3corn says... look at the name. Look really hard... Teana... te-ana... Ta- ena...

But other than that, the looks of the pre-facelift model were rather uninspired. The current car looks much better, but the Camry is newer and looks flashier. Add that to the Toyota brand name, and many customers are going that way instead, despite the Nissan being more luxurious.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    You're looking at a Teana that has been around since 2008 in the United States under their midsized monkier of Altima but released in 2010/2011 as "brand new" here. For what it's worth, if you can live that there's a brand-new (not facelifted version) version of your car on the other side of the globe, the Teana's a good buy. (2013 Nissan Altima: 2013 Nissan Altima: innovative segment leader gets even better - Austin Cars | Examiner.com)

But seriously, everybody in the midsize market ramped up their design statements under competition from the Sonata. Personally, I like Ford's midsize sedan best... looks like an Aston Martin on some angles, sad that it won't reach our shores anytime soon.

I kinda did my "midsized sedan" research way back in 2011. I went for the Sonata due to their affordable price tag (every ten thousand peso saved means more money for modifications such as some tasty BBS rims :naughty2. My top two choices were the Accord and the Sonata. I loved the Mazda6 but it's not my criteria of a moderately plush ride (I came from a Mazda3).

Among the cars nowadays, I'd throw a few hundred thousands more for a 2011 Ford Explorer. It's gorgeous! If you're a tree-hugger, check the hybrid Lexus CT200h too.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    You're looking at a Teana that has been around since 2008 in the United States under their midsized monkier of Altima but released in 2010/2011 as "brand new" here. For what it's worth, if you can live that there's a brand-new (not facelifted version) version of your car on the other side of the globe, the Teana's a good buy. (2013 Nissan Altima: 2013 Nissan Altima: innovative segment leader gets even better - Austin Cars | Examiner.com)

But seriously, everybody in the midsize market ramped up their design statements under competition from the Sonata. Personally, I like Ford's midsize sedan best... looks like an Aston Martin on some angles, sad that it won't reach our shores anytime soon.

I kinda did my "midsized sedan" research way back in 2011. I went for the Sonata due to their affordable price tag (every ten thousand peso saved means more money for modifications such as some tasty BBS rims :naughty2. My top two choices were the Accord and the Sonata. I loved the Mazda6 but it's not my criteria of a moderately plush ride (I came from a Mazda3).

Among the cars nowadays, I'd throw a few hundred thousands more for a 2011 Ford Explorer. It's gorgeous! If you're a tree-hugger, check the hybrid Lexus CT200h too.
    The Altima has always been a good contender in US midsize segment. Fact behind the reason that it can't topple the CamCord duo is because it's always been short of refinement as most reviews in the US says. It (the Altima) has always been great when it comes to handling, engine/tranny, features, value for money and at par at offering a decent ride but it's refinement where the Altima always comes short. The Teana comes out being the complement to the Altima's shortcomings. It is marketed as a luxury sedan in the ASEAN market and thus also comes with tons more refinement than the Altima.

But I bet the next Teana will be more exciting as previewed by the new Nissan models, Pathfinder, Juke, Sentra/Sylphy, Tiida Turbo etc

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Teana is only marginally related to the Altima. They're built in different plants and with different engine choices. Teana uses VQ engines all the way down to the 2.0 and 2.5 liter range, Altima is a bantam-sizer that uses the QR series on e low end. the Altima is positioned as a sporty alternative to the mainstream, the Teana is typically Chinese market... Soft, posh luxury.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Teana is only marginally related to the Altima. They're built in different plants and with different engine choices. Teana uses VQ engines all the way down to the 2.0 and 2.5 liter range, Altima is a bantam-sizer that uses the QR series on e low end. the Altima is positioned as a sporty alternative to the mainstream, the Teana is typically Chinese market... Soft, posh luxury.
    Actually it is built off the same platform as the USDM current Maxima.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They're all built off the same platform... But I think the Maxima is bigger than the other two.

That's the car that Nissan should bring in... Flashy, aggressive, impressive looking. Maybe not as outright luxurious as the Teana, but the impressive looks and power should boost sales.

Wouldn't mind the Altima, though... The V6 SE-R they had before was the closest they got to replicating the sporty feel of the 95 Maxima V6. Instead, Nissan, since the introduction of the FWD Cefiro line, has focused on stuffing more and more borloloy into the cars.

Of course, that's not a bad thing, either...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Maybe the new Altima will become their new global car unless they make a new design from China. Teana sells more than Camry and Accord there as it serves the needs of Chinese market. The sporty models are marketed in the US. The problem with Altima is it is not marketed as luxury vehicle. It is the same as Mazda 6 and Kizashi where driving experience is top priority than passenger comfort.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Maybe the new Altima will become their new global car unless they make a new design from China. Teana sells more than Camry and Accord there as it serves the needs of Chinese market. The sporty models are marketed in the US. The problem with Altima is it is not marketed as luxury vehicle. It is the same as Mazda 6 and Kizashi where driving experience is top priority than passenger comfort.
    Teana still.

Seems like an Infiniti inside. Renault on the outside. Features galore. For same price as equivalent CamCord with less features.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    To the TS:

Benz ayaw mo?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast