New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Hyundai ain't perfect. I still don't like their suspensions (bushings too soft... like Honda or Mazda), but the Santa Fe is one of the best rated secondhand values in the Kelley Blue Book in the US, and is one of the more reliable cars on the market, earning the coveted Consumer Reports' "Recommended" badge and was one of their "Ten Best" a while back.
    Yup. Hyundai should put some extra work to make their suspensions a bit sturdier. It's a turn-off to replace a suspension part every PMS. But specs and features, Hyundai is on top.

Quote Originally Posted by alazkie View Post
    Ask mo sa mga magagaling na mechanic, lahat nang korean cars copycat ang mga makina, at madali pang masira, ginaya lng ang mitsubishi engine.
    Looks like you've been asking the wrong, bigotic, and technophobic mechanics.

Technology evolves but apparently, your mechanics don't. If that's your way of thinking, just stick to old Isuzu engines that are slow and smoke too much kasi yun lang siguro ang mga kabisado ng mechanics mo.

Quote Originally Posted by alazkie View Post
    Pagmagstart magtrouble yang mga korean cars, palagi nang magtotrouble yan, mahinang klase nang parts ginamit,di gaya nang japanese cars, solid nang materials.
    To add to Niky's post:

Solid ba yung mga bubong ng mga EG tsaka EK na HONDA civics na common ang rust bubbling na problema?

Solid ba yung mga rear axles ng mga TOYOTA tamaraw FX or lite ace na marami nang cases na nabubunot mula sa rear differential?

Solid ba yung mga DENSO (Japanese ang Denso) na injectors na gamit ng TOYOTA fortuner na naginging cause ng infamous D4D problems nila?

Solid ba yung mga bisagra sa pinto at exhaust piping and muffler clamps ng mga ISUZU hi-lander tsaka crosswind?

SOLID ba ang TOYOTA 2C diesel engine na ginagamit sa Tamaraw FX? How come andaming nagpapalit ng makina? At napansin kong choice nila na pamalit sa Blumentritt ay HYUNDAI D4BX?

My list can grow longer, mind you.

I know someone who owns an 1990 CD5 (bought brand new back then) and super tahimik and tipid sa gas pa rin hanggang ngayon. Hindi niya tinitipid ang maintenance kasi super mura daw ng parts and consumables!

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Montero FTW. It has "killer" features like "sudden acceleration" hehe

Back to topic:

Interior? - Sta Fe
    Exterior? - Fort
    Safety? - Sta Fe
    Comfy? - Definitely NOT the FORT.
    Fuel consumption? - Sta Fe hands down
    Cargo space? - I'd go for the one with the floor-level flat folding rear seats
    rear camera? - Sta Fe

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Oh dear, here we go again. Then we'll have never ending posts telling of the battle between Korean and Japanese brands... Some people are just not open to change. Another thing I have against the Fortuner is that they are quite overpriced. For the 102hp 2.5D4D A/T variant, you will be shelling out a very solid 1.408M which, I believe is the one the TS is aiming at. And then for the 76hp more powerful Montero Sport GLS-V, you add just 10k over the Fortuner's price for the 2011 variant with rear drums and 4 speed A/T and 40k for the 2012 variant with rear discs and 5 speed A/T. For the Montero Sport, it is the age old tendency of the 4D56 to emit black smoke, which I often see with Montero Sport's (which I also sometimes see with 2.5L Fortuner's though never yet with the 3.0). The Santa Fe is way forward in terms of technology over the two. When the 1st gen came out in Korea in 2000 it already featured CRDi, five years before the Fortuner was introduced. By 2006 the 2nd gen featured CRDi along with VGT and a 5 speed A/T, again five years before the Montero Sport VGT was introduced (with much hype and fanfare) with similar technology when the Santa Fe has already moved on during the previous year with the introduction of e-VGT and a 6 speed A/T. And then now the new version is coming and who knows what new stuff it will bring. Sure, Hyundai engines may have lots of electronic parts which makes it impossible for manong at the talyer by the corner to repair the more serious stuff, but considering that Toyota and Mitsubishi both utilize CRDi as well, what makes them any different?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    no matter how safe or good of a driver you are there are accidents that you won't be able to avoid.

let me ask you, if you're sitting on a stop light and there's a car infront, left and right side of you then a truck out of no where rear ends you pano mo yon iiwasan? or a 40 footer truck in front of you suddenly loses control and blocks the whole road and your brakes wasn't able to stop your car soon enough, kaya mo ba pa talunin yung kotse mo para iwasan yung truck?

not trying to bash you, just pointing out that there are accidents that you won't be able to avoid no matter how good you are and you can't do anything but pray to god and hope your car's safety is good enough for you to survive an accident or come out of the crash with less injury than a car that has a lower safety rating.
    Yeah like this safety driving instructor in the U.S. whose car was hit by an oncoming SUV which came flying (yes flying) from the opposite lane while driving in the interstate. It took him a couple of months to recover from his injuries. He now advises that defensive driving can only do so much and he now recommends that his students also invest in a vehicle with high safety rating because sometimes sh*t does happen and when it does you better be in a very safe vehicle.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Yeah like this safety driving instructor in the U.S. whose car was hit by an oncoming SUV which came flying (yes flying) from the opposite lane while driving in the interstate. It took him a couple of months to recover from his injuries. He now advises that defensive driving can only do so much and he now recommends that his students also invest in a vehicle with high safety rating because sometimes sh*t does happen and when it does you better be in a very safe vehicle.
    Defensive driving comes first, added bonus ang safety features. Pero it's best pag well maintained ang car plus may napagaralan ang driver (not just sa hard-to-pronounce na driving school). I want sir Tidius to see this thread

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    no matter how safe or good of a driver you are there are accidents that you won't be able to avoid.

let me ask you, if you're sitting on a stop light and there's a car infront, left and right side of you then a truck out of no where rear ends you pano mo yon iiwasan? or a 40 footer truck in front of you suddenly loses control and blocks the whole road and your brakes wasn't able to stop your car soon enough, kaya mo ba pa talunin yung kotse mo para iwasan yung truck?

not trying to bash you, just pointing out that there are accidents that you won't be able to avoid no matter how good you are and you can't do anything but pray to god and hope your car's safety is good enough for you to survive an accident or come out of the crash with less injury than a car that has a lower safety rating.
    eto sir, eto po yung point ko, kaya nasabi ko na nasa driver din yung safety. kasi for me yung safety is unang una dapat na nasa driver bago sa kotse.

parang yung ibang di madalas na aksidente sir na for example curve yung tulay habang umuulan, nag overtake ang car at nawala sa control then nahulog sa tulay. eh kahit loaded pa ng safety features yung sasakyan may mga namatay, parang nasa isip ko lang is kahit super safe pa nung kotse kung yung driver naman eh balasubas at hindi nag-iisip eh parang wala din. yun lang naman po para sa obserbasyon ko. :

hayaan nyo na po yun, tayo naman eh may mga sariling opinyon sa bawat bagay. OT na eh, hehe. :D

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hehehe, nabuhay na naman po pala ang thread na ito. Lalo lang sigurong naguluhan ang ating Thread Starter and I think the guy is still young. Each SUV has its own pros and cons, siguro ay mas maganda kung mag backreading pa si TS and hopefully ay matest drive nya yung 3 SUVs. I currently own one these 3 units and already driven the other 2 SUVs, ang masasabi ko lang ay very satisfied ako with my decision when I was in the situation ng TS.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Santa fe vs Montero sport vs fortuner