New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    But then kapag may all new na, di kaya mas mahal nanaman yan? That is unless the K-AFTA takes effect on time.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Ask mo sa mga magagaling na mechanic, lahat nang korean cars copycat ang mga makina, at madali pang masira, ginaya lng ang mitsubishi engine.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Pagmagstart magtrouble yang mga korean cars, palagi nang magtotrouble yan, mahinang klase nang parts ginamit,di gaya nang japanese cars, solid nang materials.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by alazkie View Post
    Pagmagstart magtrouble yang mga korean cars, palagi nang magtotrouble yan, mahinang klase nang parts ginamit,di gaya nang japanese cars, solid nang materials.

I don't know, maybe before ganon ang perception sa mga korean vehicles but imo they have already improve drastically and maganda ung R-eVGT ng Santa Fe.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sta. FE... for me... but you should wait for the ALL NEW STA. FE... may balita ako taga hyundai this year daw ilalabas sa pinas yun WAVE Version i think? .... and its much better than the other two...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    Safety nasa driver? Talaga? In that case nag sayang lang pala ng billions of dollars ang mga car makers to make their car safer instead of teaching the driver how to drive. :bwahaha:

Anyway i don't own any of the 3 but all i can say is i would never own a fortuner or montero sport. If they are cheaper i'd probably consider it but right now they are not worth it for what they offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericson21 View Post
    this is for my opinion and experience. yung montero sport at fortuner pa lang na drive ko sa tatlong to pero sta.fe nakasakay lang ako, sa auntie ko yun eh. hehe.

Safety - nasa driver na to for me, depende kung ma-ingat ka mag drive. :D
    ang sabi ko po FOR ME.

yeah right merong mga safety features. anu ba pinagkaiba ng safety features ng 3 na SUV na to? me aksidente kasi na word PARA SAKEN. di naman porket me safety features di na mag iingat yung driver diba. and i'll repeat, this is just MY opinion, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    comfortability and space i think advantage ito sa santa fe. kahit hindi mo pa na experience sumakay dito compare mo nalang yung body construction nilang tatlo. santa fe is monocoque(unibody) while the two SUV's are body on frame. definitely mas comfy and maluwag ang monocoque body.

regarding fuel consumption, 2.2 evgt engine vs 2.5 vgt or 2.5 d4d. no brainer mas matipid ang santa fe plus i think it has less weight compare sa dalawa.
    di sir, nakasakay na po ako sta.fe, sakay lang, hehe. ang di ko lang po na experience pa dito ay i drive. :D

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    korean cars sirain? siguro yung mga old model po...

copy cat ng mitsubishi ang engine... edi sirain din pala ang mitsubishi.... japanese car po din yan...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Ask mo sa mga magagaling na mechanic, lahat nang korean cars copycat ang mga makina, at madali pang masira, ginaya lng ang mitsubishi engine.
    you do realize that the current montero sport's engine 2.5did vgt while santa fe has crdi e-vgt na which is more advance and hi-tech than the vgt. the santa fe replaced their vgt engines 2 years ago with an e-vgt, isipin mo 2 years ago pa meron ang santa fe ngayon lang nag karon ang montero sport, ang fortuner kaya kelan? sino ngayon ang gaya gaya? :bwahaha:

:bwahaha: i like how ignorant this post is. stop living under a rock. mechanic mo ba taga rapide?:bwahaha:

Quote Originally Posted by ericson21 View Post
    ang sabi ko po FOR ME.

yeah right merong mga safety features. anu ba pinagkaiba ng safety features ng 3 na SUV na to? me aksidente kasi na word PARA SAKEN. di naman porket me safety features di na mag iingat yung driver diba. and i'll repeat, this is just MY opinion, that's all.
    no matter how safe or good of a driver you are there are accidents that you won't be able to avoid.

let me ask you, if you're sitting on a stop light and there's a car infront, left and right side of you then a truck out of no where rear ends you pano mo yon iiwasan? or a 40 footer truck in front of you suddenly loses control and blocks the whole road and your brakes wasn't able to stop your car soon enough, kaya mo ba pa talunin yung kotse mo para iwasan yung truck?

not trying to bash you, just pointing out that there are accidents that you won't be able to avoid no matter how good you are and you can't do anything but pray to god and hope your car's safety is good enough for you to survive an accident or come out of the crash with less injury than a car that has a lower safety rating.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    nakatatak na kasi sa isip ng mga oldies ang korean vehicle na kia pride. kaya ganon pa rin ang tingin nila sa mga korean cars ngayon.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The irony is, the Kia Pride is a Mazda/Ford based car. And it's not unreliable when used as intended. In taxi use, they break because they're overworked and overloaded... and even then, they're dirt cheap to maintain. A friend had one that they sold after a decade of trouble-free motoring.

The Kia Picanto, even better. Andaming satisfied Picanto owners dito sa tsikot.

Ask mo mga magagaling na mechanic, mas magandang tanggalin ang thermostat, lagyan na lang ng tap water ang radiator at i-rev nang i-rev ang engine bago i-off para primed ang carburador.

-

Hyundai designs its own engines. Its early engines were Mitsubishi, but by the early 90's, they were developing their own in-house (which weren't very good) and by the 2000s, they were a co-equal partner in the GEM alliance... by the late 2000's, they were developing their own V6 and V8 engines in-house (the 3.8 V6 in the Genesis is fantastic) and they were supplying engines to Mitsubishi instead of the other way around.

Not every Japanese car is a Honda or a Toyota... and even then... Honda 90's automatic transmission issues... Honda CR-V differential and engine mount issues... Honda overheat issues and charging issues due to undersized radiator and battery on the EK Civic... Toyota ZZ-engine sludge issues. Toyota D4D issues and the rear axle recall on the IMVs... ES Civic cam-position sensor issues... fuel tank straps and electric bugs... Nissan Sentra 89 suspensions... Nissan's expensive and weak AC compressors... Mitsubishi suspensions, idle-air control... hell... almost everything electronic under the hood... on the 98-00 Lancer.

Pero balewala yan sa mga tao. Japanese ang mga yan. Perfect yan. At kung may problema, ah... alam namin yan. Alam namin ang solusyon.

That's all they're saying. They're saying Japanese are better because they are familiar with them and know where to buy the parts.

Hyundai ain't perfect. I still don't like their suspensions (bushings too soft... like Honda or Mazda), but the Santa Fe is one of the best rated secondhand values in the Kelley Blue Book in the US, and is one of the more reliable cars on the market, earning the coveted Consumer Reports' "Recommended" badge and was one of their "Ten Best" a while back.

Great off-roader? Hell no. The Santa Fe is about as suited for off-road use as a CR-V. But in terms of space, comfort, power and economy, nothing in this class can beat it except its twin, the Kia Sorento... which is more expensive.
    Last edited by niky; February 17th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Santa fe vs Montero sport vs fortuner