New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    HP, could you show the exact locations at the time of impact?
    That I'm interested din.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even if HP showed us the illustration during impact, it would still be inconclusive since it is still debatable whether the Santa Fe clipped the L300 or the L300 ran into the Santa Fe. It would still be driver vs. driver in the absence of a credible witness or conclusive forensic evidence.

That is the pitfall of local traffic investigation. The investigator considers only the final resting position of the vehicles in question without taking into account crash dynamics and human behavioral factors.

Kaya nga sa Pilipinas if you ran into the back of another vehicle in the middle of the night and that vehicle had no brake or taillights and was stopped in the middle of the street, ikaw pa din ang papalabasing may kasalanan ng imbestigador. They will not even investigate whether other the vehicle's rear lights were illuminated/functioning during the crash (this is done using basic microscopy in case all the bulbs got shattered during the crash).
    Last edited by OTEP; September 14th, 2006 at 01:27 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Kaya nga sa Pilipinas if you ran into the back of another vehicle in the middle of the night and that vehicle had no brake or taillights and was stopped in the middle of the street, ikaw pa din ang papalabasing may kasalanan ng imbestigador. They will not even investigate whether other the vehicle's rear lights were illuminated/functioning during the crash (this is done using microscopy in case all the bulbs got shattered during the crash).
    isn't it one of the things though that you could use to your help as technicality or something?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    isn't it one of the things though that you could use to your help as technicality or something?
    Ideally, yes. Pero stupid ang crash investigation sa atin. Favorite example ko diyan ay si boybi. He was driving his Honda on the expressway. Jeepney overtakes from shoulder than slams on its brakes sa harap ni boybi. Naturally boybi crashes into jeepney.

Sino may kasalanan? According to our great traffic investigators: boybi! Ayos ba? hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    oh holy crap. i would've gone to court if i was boybi.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OTEP: sir nakuhanan ko pla yung damaged area ng video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...15707232325613

HP, could you show the exact locations at the time of impact?
    I will have to ask her again or go to the scene of the crime. Let me get back to you on that. hehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    thanks HP!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Tinanong ko na sya pagdating ko agad. Ayun nagalit. hehehe. Bakit daw sinisisi ko sya. sabi ko di naman eh, nagtatanong lang. hehe.

Pagdating ko:
    Me: O, ano nangyari Lieb? (lieb means love in Deutsch).
    GF: ayun sumabit.
    Me: Bakit di mo ba sya nakita? Sino may kasalanan? May police report?
    GF: Wala.
    Me: Why didn't you get a Police report? Did you take a picture of the damage and the position of the vehicles? did u get the license plate? How about the name of the driver?
    GF: kinuha ko lang business card nya.
    Me: Why didn't you wait for a policeman? paano kung sya pala may kasalanan and pinabayaran sayo lahat ng ibang sira ng sasakyan non? You should always wait for a policeman or traffic enforcer in incidents like that para may laban ka.

Ayun nagalit na sya. hehe

bati na rin kami a couple of hours then we went to Hyundai for the repair estimate and tightening of a loose foglamp, carwash, met the L3 driver, then we had dinner. What a day!

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hehe, mainit kasi ulo niya, tapos nabombard mo ng mga questions kaya pumutok.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    shucks nakakapanlumo naman yun tama ng Sta. Fe nyo *horsepower. I can relate. the sta fe is really wide. hirap din ako mag-adjust dyan noon una, lalo na yun sa bandang likod, pa wider pa. oh well, hope everything will turn out fine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Santa Fe vs L300FB (need your opinions about an accident)