New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok yung account ni HP, blow by blow. hehehe. Parang telenobela.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    from the pictures, it seems that the SF clipped the L300. However, the l300 's driver's statement that he was signalling that he'd go straight implies that he was also moving. kung nakatigil lang sya, i'd say that hp's gf oversteered unto the l300, therefore, it's her fault. but if the l300 was also moving then, right of way comes into play, which in this case, the SF, being the first one in the intersection, has the right of way. therefore the driver of the L300 is at fault.

well, the only ones who can tell were the ones who saw. kasi pag between the drivers magtuturuan talaga yan.

i had an experience three years ago sa marcos hiway paakyat ng katipunan. traffic. yung owner sa harap ko umaatras (dahil pataas) so binusinahan ko pero hindi ako inintindi kaya umabot yung taillight nya sa bumper ko. ang kapal pa at sabi tutok daw kasi ako ng tutok. e nakahandbrake na nga kao dahil traffic. pag-andar ng ng ibang sasakyan kami na lang ang naiwan, anyone who would see the two vehicles would say that i rearended the owner jeep. at dahil kaming dalawa lang ang nandun (nakaalis na lahat nung nakakita) talo na ako agad.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Hindi kaya malugi pa si HP sa insurance kung dun pa niya pagagawa yung L300 (assuming his side is at fault)? Mukhang wala pa sa minimun ng participation yung total damages.
    there's no participation in claiming for third party liability. own damage lang may participation.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    so kung papagawa po namin yung L300 dun sa insurance, wala kaming babayaran kahit ano?

TIA

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    there's no participation in claiming for third party liability. own damage lang may participation.
    Wala ba? hehehe. Sensya na, walang insurance sa bundok

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The driver is claming that, he was signalling that he is going straight (not sure how he's doing it broad daylight and on a red signal)
    uhm... paano ba magsignal if you're going straight..

my personal view on who's at fault;
    25% - your GF - baka di nya natantya yung liko coz of the wide body of santa fe..
    75% - L300 driver - he may be inching forward kaya nasabi nya na he's signalling na didiretso sya..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My GF has decided to just have the L300 fixed regardless of who was at fault para at least, wala na syang problem or iniisip na naka-perjuicio daw sya. We're gonna use the TPL of the insurance. Wala palang babayaran pag Third Party. hehehe.

At least we can use the Insurance, 40k din kasi yun annually.

Is it a good idea? would there be any bad implications (for her) in this decision of hers?

TIA

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    based sa pictures lang, I think the SF clipped the L3 na sobra ng liko siguro.

But if the SF has comprehensive insurance, the PD or property damage part is the one that will pay for the damage to the other party. You have no participation charges.

As for the damage sa SF, the OD or owners Damage ang gagamitin then may participation ka usually .5% of the covered amount.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if both parties then sign a written agreement na after both cars are okay na, wala na silang pakialaman afterwards, then i'd say na ok na. :D

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks Sirs, I'll note those advices. :-)

She might have clipped the L3 but i really find the story of the driver quite strange. He slipped in saying that he was signalling straight, which means he was inching forward. Anyway, i'll just rpass him to the insurance to get his vehicle fixed. Im kinda irritated with him already, bossing around like some bigshot whenever he talks on the phone just because we agreed to have his vehicle fixed. Nobody wanted what happened. My gf passes that road every morning without problems (even with the reckless jeeps around) and it's a wonder if she's really the one at fault.
    Last edited by Horsepower; September 17th, 2006 at 05:45 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Santa Fe vs L300FB (need your opinions about an accident)