New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I really need help. I want to know which is safer. So far my choices are ford ranger 2.2 xlt , ford ranger 2.2 wildtrak ,2004 Mercedes e class, 2003 Mercedes s class. I would really appreciate your feed back fellow tsikoteers.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Don't get the 2002 or 2003 benz, they are known as one of the most unreliable cars ever. Search the net and they say the 2000-2006 mercs are crap. A broken alternator is 300k, a broken tranny is 800k, battery can only be replaced in the dealership.

The ranger and the bt50 are both safe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Definitely the Wildtrack. Mas capable of handling flood, and rough terrain. And really, nothing beats brand new.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    BT50 for me, yung 3.2ltr engine. Handles better, has better suspension than ranger. Yun nga lang love-hate kasi yung looks so test drive one muna before deciding.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Staying at home guarantees you exception from death due to motoring accidents :naughty2:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Don't get the 2002 or 2003 benz, they are known as one of the most unreliable cars ever. Search the net and they say the 2000-2006 mercs are crap. A broken alternator is 300k, a broken tranny is 800k, battery can only be replaced in the dealership.

The ranger and the bt50 are both safe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    Actually we have both, my family is discouraging me from buying a pickup truck. I keep telling them it is safer because I can put roll bars and go thru floods.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gsprimetime View Post
    Actually we have both, my family is discouraging me from buying a pickup truck. I keep telling them it is safer because I can put roll bars and go thru floods.
    Ford Ranger | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating
    you will not loose an argument with this
    Mercedes Benz E Class | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating
    this is what your e class got (actually very good, but the ranger scores higher than even the new e class)
    the new one got 86% for the driver(adult occupant), the new ranger gets 96%

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Ford Ranger | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating
    you will not loose an argument with this
    Mercedes Benz E Class | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating
    this is what your e class got (actually very good, but the ranger scores higher than even the new e class)
    the new one got 86% for the driver(adult occupant), the new ranger gets 96%
    Thanks viper. This information is very useful.

Which is safer fordranger 2.2 xlt or wildtrak, mazdabt50 2.2 or Mercedes e or s clas