New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyuti View Post
    Pag babae talaga...gulo ng isip!! Now im thinking ang halaga ng prado e dalawang fortuner na mabibili. Kakagulo lang kase kagagaling ko lang sa fortuner, fortuner na naman! Haaay
    Eh kung makapag-antay wait ka na lang ng mga darating na new models from all car makers (e.g. Sta Fe, Trailblazer, etc.) What about Ford? May mga early owner na ng new explorer.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    why not consider the sta.fe din, ganda yan eh, hehe. tulin pa, or the 4x4 GTV montero sport. pero kung 2012 fortuner, ok naman yan kung galing kayo sa 2007 model kasi facelifted yung ngayon na mas maganda talaga, gustong gusto ko nga looks eh at interior, for me ah. :D

kung patrol, tama bro renzo, patrol royale! :D 6m nga lang. :'(

pero nung nakakita talaga ako nyang royale, halos tunawin ko sa titig eh, napasunod ulo ko gang leeg eh hahaha! gandaaaaaaaaa.
    Last edited by ericson21; April 3rd, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pag babae talaga...gulo ng isip!! Now im thinking ang halaga ng prado e dalawang fortuner na mabibili. Kakagulo lang kase kagagaling ko lang sa fortuner, fortuner na naman! Haaay
    Actually with all the options nowadays, it's really tough to decide when you're buying a new car and have the budget for it. :D

Yes, usually you'll be really down if you buy an SUV, brand-new and sell it 3-5 years after and hurts if you think about the resale value. Those I know who buy trucks like the Land Cruiser Prado, Land Cruiser, Pajero and Patrol seem to keep them for a very long time (10 - 20 years) and thats where you'll really feel the slow down in depreciation. A 1996 Land Cruiser was bought brand new for 1.5M and now we can still sell it at around 900K-1M AFAIK if its in good condition (good luck in getting owners to part with their LCs though).

From then looks of it, i doubt the Patrol is for you based on what you're looking for. As Otep said, its not for everyone at the refinement levels you'll see with modern SUVs today. If you feel redundancy in getting a Fortuner again (i do know of someone who did), then try testing the Monty Sport, Ford Explorer, and Pajero just as well. If you do get a Prado or LC200, it is a good car but sayang if you keep it for less than 5 years if you ask me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Salamat.... Waiting list nako sa fortuner.... (but am still eyeing for a prado) gusto ko naman maranasan ang d masyadong bumpy ride hehe...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bumpy ride? Specialty ng Patrol iyan. Hehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    will you consider the Pajero in your shortlist? It is cheaper than Patrol and Prado, of course more expensive than Fortuner, but its not so often you will see a new Paj in our metro streets... besides, its also reliable... I still see a lot of gen 2 Paj in our street...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The new Pajero's traction control system makes ot relatively idiot proof to drive on bad roads. The fort and safari dont have that feature.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *double post*
    Last edited by niky; April 10th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Salamat.... Waiting list nako sa fortuner.... (but am still eyeing for a prado) gusto ko naman maranasan ang d masyadong bumpy ride hehe...
    If you don't want a car with a bumpy ride, then there are a heck of a lot of cars less bumpy than the ultra stiff Fortuner.

Don't believe me? Take a test drive in one. Make sure to pass by a gas station to inflate the tires properly (some dealers might resort to ultra-low (unsafe) tire pressures to mask the ride) then have someone drive it over several potholes while you sit in the back seat. It's better than before, but it's still nowhere near as comfortable as a Hyundai Santa Fe... nor even a Mitsubishi Montero Sport.

-

The Pajero is actually pretty swell to drive. Rides a bit stiffly, but not truckishly stiff like a Fortuner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I own a 2005 and 2009 Fortuner. I also used to own a 2002 Patrol. the ride quality of the Patrol is definitely truck-like, even more so than the Fortuner. I've heard people say that the 2012 Fortuner has an improved ride quality, but keep in mind that you're basically buying a face-lifted model. same thing with the Patrol, with the current model being available overseas as far back as 2005 or 2006. Despite having a new hood, headlight and tail lights, plus a new dashboard compared to the earlier models, is basically the same Y61 Nissan Patrol. If you intend to use your vehicle for more than 8 years, I don't think resale value is such an important factor anymore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Resale Value of Toyota Fortuner and Nissan Safari Patrol