New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks mate! The GC is reliable and also easy to maintain. I find the maintenance cost at par with the vios I previously used. Its really about addressing the needs of the wife, thus I am looking for a shorter and narrower vehicle, as she will be the one using it most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    Try and get the best deal for your genesis and get an automatic 1.5 jazz. You will lose some, as they say on the depreciation of your genesis, but you will at least be maintaining only one car and one that's reliable and much more economical to maintain.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung ganun I suggest getting a fully loaded Accent CRDi nalang. The performance will at least remind you of the GC. Add some engine, suspension and brake upgrades and that grin you have when bashing the GC might just return to your face.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    For a car broker i can simply say.... ditch the gc and go buy a new jazz, i can offer these and that and youll make your wife happy. But then again i suggest you spend a day or 2 exploring all other possibilities like the sentra 200 perhaps or a camry WITH your wife. let her drive you both from one dealership to another and do test drives together..... maybe... just maybe she'd want you to keep the gc stud anyways. if your wife isnt really comfortable with the gc and you really dont mind a change in acceleration then The Honda jazz is a good choice. As have been mentioned you might want to consider the tucson or asx as well for better ground clearance ( comfort for Phil road conditions and worry free if your wife would HAVE to drive on a flooded area) but if it has to be a car.... a 1.8L Chevy Cruze wont be too bad for what you and your wife need.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Good advice mate! BUT, I'm looking for a significantly shorter car, around 4000 - 4200 mm and not more than 1750 mm width. If possible I'd like to keep the with within 1700 mm.

Quote Originally Posted by autobroker360 View Post
    For a car broker i can simply say.... ditch the gc and go buy a new jazz, i can offer these and that and youll make your wife happy. But then again i suggest you spend a day or 2 exploring all other possibilities like the sentra 200 perhaps or a camry WITH your wife. let her drive you both from one dealership to another and do test drives together..... maybe... just maybe she'd want you to keep the gc stud anyways. if your wife isnt really comfortable with the gc and you really dont mind a change in acceleration then The Honda jazz is a good choice. As have been mentioned you might want to consider the tucson or asx as well for better ground clearance ( comfort for Phil road conditions and worry free if your wife would HAVE to drive on a flooded area) but if it has to be a car.... a 1.8L Chevy Cruze wont be too bad for what you and your wife need.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The best case scenario is to get yourself a secondhand Jazz 1.5 or 1.3 5AT (the current body model) or a secondhand Yaris AT for around 400k.

Yes, this will mean extra registration costs... about 3-4k per year... but it won't cost you much more than trading in the GC, and in the end, the days when you use the smaller cars, you will be saving on gasoline and depreciation for the GC.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sayang talaga yung GC.

Pero kung gusto mo talaga palitan, Honda Jazz na yan.

Yung lime green Panalo

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Kung good bye GC talaga Mag Jazz ka na. Lalo na pag long term, surplus parts pa lang, panalo ka na sa Jazz.

Kung hilig mo magdrive and you find pleasure in it... Sobrang haba ng nguso mo sa lungkot pag nag Jazz ka even the 1.5.

From owning a 1.5 A/T for 8 months. We sold it after na ondoy.

It has power naman, vtec eh.... kaso pag hindi nag vtec walang power yan! Kaya nakakainis sa mga hanging. Kilangan mo ibaon pa ng todo! I don't know if its the drive by wire or talagang mahina lang. basta ang bagal ng response and ang hina pa. Other than that adequate kahit siguro yun 1.3.

And hindi na meet yun expectation ko sa fuel consumption which we got it in the first place. I was expecting an FC na 12/l. What we got on average was high 8 to 9. And nag titipid driving na yun ha, naka neutral ako on stops, not like yun ibang a/t na naka brake lang. kulang na lang patay aircon.

Plus side to it is yun stuff you can put sa loob parang bag ni mary poppins yun. Plus sobrang daming cupholders. Well you get the idea kung ano kotse you will get if kasama sa pogi points nya ang cup holder.

If I were you just get the 1.3 Jazz A/T. Useless ang extra displacements ng 1.5 if you're not hauling a lot of heavy stuff, atleast makatipid ka pa. Yeah it looks bland compared to the 1.5, pero kung aplliance naman kilangan mo. Bakit ka pa dun sa masmahal that does the same work. And don't be tempted with F1 shifter display lang yun fake yun! Hindi sumusunod sayo yun.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Haha... Salamat sa advice mo dude. Its good to hear from someone who had first hand experience with the Jazz.

If I can unload the GC for 1.2m minimum and there's a replacement that is readily available, I may let it go. Otherwise, I may keep it longer. Now looking at Subaru XV as well but will have the wife test drive first.

Pero ngayun pa lang parang nami-miss ko na. hahahaha!

I'm really still on the line as its just 8 months old and less than 7k km and the depreciation may have already amounted to 200k! Its like renting a car for 25k a month! But it made me realize how good manual transmissions are in terms of the amount of control you have over the car.

Quote Originally Posted by daumingshirts View Post
    Kung good bye GC talaga Mag Jazz ka na. Lalo na pag long term, surplus parts pa lang, panalo ka na sa Jazz.

Kung hilig mo magdrive and you find pleasure in it... Sobrang haba ng nguso mo sa lungkot pag nag Jazz ka even the 1.5.

From owning a 1.5 A/T for 8 months. We sold it after na ondoy.

It has power naman, vtec eh.... kaso pag hindi nag vtec walang power yan! Kaya nakakainis sa mga hanging. Kilangan mo ibaon pa ng todo! I don't know if its the drive by wire or talagang mahina lang. basta ang bagal ng response and ang hina pa. Other than that adequate kahit siguro yun 1.3.

And hindi na meet yun expectation ko sa fuel consumption which we got it in the first place. I was expecting an FC na 12/l. What we got on average was high 8 to 9. And nag titipid driving na yun ha, naka neutral ako on stops, not like yun ibang a/t na naka brake lang. kulang na lang patay aircon.

Plus side to it is yun stuff you can put sa loob parang bag ni mary poppins yun. Plus sobrang daming cupholders. Well you get the idea kung ano kotse you will get if kasama sa pogi points nya ang cup holder.

If I were you just get the 1.3 Jazz A/T. Useless ang extra displacements ng 1.5 if you're not hauling a lot of heavy stuff, atleast makatipid ka pa. Yeah it looks bland compared to the 1.5, pero kung aplliance naman kilangan mo. Bakit ka pa dun sa masmahal that does the same work. And don't be tempted with F1 shifter display lang yun fake yun! Hindi sumusunod sayo yun.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Bro, so nasa magkano talaga ang ibubudget mo for a new car?

I see that you are still very much in love with your GC. ipag-isipan ng mabuti kung ibebenta mo o hindi. Like you said, malaking lugi din ang depreciation. Isa pang maisusuggest ko is the Focus TDCi. Since parating na ang bago, maganda ang mga deals ngayon. Should you plan to keep the GC, 2nd hand 1st gen 6MT units (which I find to look more aggressive) cost only around 600+k. If you find the ride too harsh for your taste, I'm pretty sure its something that can be remedied with a bit of suspension tuning or perhaps a change of springs.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Niky, how much is the turbo-kit ? and does the Jazz with that turbo kit become almost as fast as a mini cooper S ? Im interested !!!!
    GE Jazz Turbo Kit

Kit inlcudes the following components
    - T25G turbocharger
    - Cast iron turbo manifold & outlet
    - Stainless/Aluminum steel pipings
    - Silicon hose couplers
    - K&N high flow filter
    - Delta Fin front mount intercooler
    - HKS or Greddy BOV (taiwan)
    - Oil supply & return lines
    - 590cc Injector
    - Unichip piggyback engine management
    - Labor and installation
    - Dyno tuning
    - fits both automatic and manual transmission cars

P155,000

Should be around 145whp after turbocharging and chipping it.

-- according to speedlab's fb page

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast