New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    if you have 60k lying around and can pay 10k - 13k/month here's what you can do:

Vios J (entry level) is 553k
    they have some discounting going on (20k?) so thats 533k

10% DP = 53k
    amortize it over 6 years * 55% interest = 10.3k/month

plus insurance of 20k/year = 1.7k/month
    plus fuel cost = 4k/month (assumption ko lang ito)

you have to include kasi the insurance and fuel cost when calculating your total cash out.

in this case your total cash out is 10.3k (amortization) + 1.7k (insurance) + 4k (fuel) = 16k/month

if you can afford that, go new.

same calculation applies if you get a kia rio 1.4MT which costs almost the same and is all power.

or get a hyundai getz which is cheaper. cute cute ng getz and it arguably has more flexible cargo-carrying capacity than either the kia rio or the vios (468k ang getz so you would have 47k down and 9k/month amortization on 72 months).

i don't like the picanto, it's not much cheaper than the getz and looks weird.

note: the 10% down, 72 months to pay can be obtained via BPI Direct. go apply online at www.bpiexpressonline.com the quoted interest rate may vary but i think that value is typical for small-down, long-term loans.

i forgot to mention nga.. part of your initial cash out is the 3-year LTO (8k) plus the insurance for the 1st year. so plus pa yun sa down. some dealers like (ehem toyota) will let you spread the insurance over 6 months (20k din yun). pwede rin i-CARD mo yung insurance tapos i-paylite mo for 1 year :P

basta it's possible to get a new car with 60k of cash on hand and ~15k/month worth of payments.
    Last edited by orly_andico; January 19th, 2007 at 10:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tama po si sir orly, if kaya nyo po mag hulog ng 10-13k a month bnew nalang po kunin nyo. getz or picanto pasok sa budget. 3yrs warranty po pareho at matipid pareho sa gas. mas sulit tlaga bilin kesa sa 6mons warranty na recondition unit.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    surplus na surplus ang dating sken ng Maverick...

Tigra na lang. sossy pa ang dating. euro car. pero mas practical ang Maverick. so mag used Nissan Verita ka na lang. enjoy the leather, wood, 12cd changer etc that comes with it pa.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by toyboxph View Post
    hhmmmm, re-badged micra... i saw that on the streets minsan. norkis pala may re-condition nito. matignan nga closely. looks interesting.
    pero as they say, kia pride may be a better bet.
    nagtataka lang ako sa mga posters pag may nagtatanong for budget cars, marami lagi nag rerecommend ng brand new picanto or getz. medyo kapos nga sa budget eh, kaya nga 2nd hand ang hinahanap. the money to be saved in buying a 2nd hand may be used in some other things. siguro lang maraming tsikoteers na well-off. meron ding tsikoteers na may limited budget, hope you understand. hard earned money ang papambili ng budget cars. so keep your suggestions coming!
    Im looking for a small vehicle, yung super tipid dahil sa sobrang mahal na gasolina. I got to see sa mga brochures o sa internet ang norkis vehicles-mga re-badged japanese vehicles. Kaya lang,i agree, i've notice many tsikoteers keep on promoting getz o picanto.

Paano nga yung kapos ang budyet....

....pero tama dapat i-improve ng norkis mga products nila, aftersales service, warranty and re-price nila below 100k para mas lalong dumami bumili.

Anyway, So far sa mga natanungan ko, ok daw ang legacy first at maverick/micra.
    Last edited by jpdm; December 28th, 2007 at 05:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    The Norkis Maverick is the same as the Nissan March na frequently ko rin nakikita. Surplus/reconditioned units selling at around P160 to P170k. Buy a Kia Pride or dagdagan mo ng konti Vitara na lang. Di pa mahirap maghanap ng pyesas.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    With all due respect to those people who keep on endorsing kia picanto, getz, spark or even chery-as well as the suzuki alto, swift...they are damn overpriced small vehicles. As I said in my previous post after less that 2 years my friend gave up his 2005 Picanto for a 2007 Nissan Sentra because of bad experiences. With a 400k +++ price tag, you can already buy a decent second hand locally made Toyota Vios, Honda Civic, Toyota Revo or a XL Crosswind. More reliable than these over hyped Kias and Hyundais.

About the Suzuki Vitara, a second hand car dealer offered me a 1997 Suzuki Vitara for 280k. But I declined because the price is steep (cant afford) and its a relative gas guzzler.

I agree, a Kia pride is an option, although maraming piyesa at matipid talaga, sobrang mahuna, sirain. Nakaroon na ako ng 1997 KIa pride cd-5 at 1995 Kia Lx naku kahit anong pagawa ko in a few months laging may sira.

perhaps, a good beat down toyota starlet, a norkis legacy/mira and maverick/micra/verita will do. Remanufactured almost brand new at less that half the price of a brand new subcompacts.

Anyway, thanks guys and I have learned alot.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hmm.... i guess it depends narin sa budget at taste if you are buying for a car... the kia picanto and hyundai getz are cbu, so i guess it has more tax than the locally assembled one.... assuming the price of the norikis cars, maybe they declared it as surplus or spareparts so that they could save on taxes....

at the end it is still up to you on which car you would choose and will make you happy as you drive it....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Buy a second hand Civic EG Hatchback na lang. Prices are around 140-180K for a 2nd hand all stock one. After 10 year in 2017, if its still in good running condition you will probably sell it for the same price.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Norkis is now selling an 'unhacked' version of the Legacy (retains the stock Daihatsu hatchback body).

Just in case anyone is interested.

For the money, I'd prolly just get myself a used Feroza (an evolved Toyota Blizzard).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Reconditioned Norkis "Maverick"? 99 Opel Tigra?