New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i've driven a brand new '08 rav4 and test-driven the '09 forester xt, and to me, they're both great suv's.

for the price of P1.298M, the forester comes w/ sunroof, 7 speakers (incldg subwoofer), HID lights (low beam only), remote headlight washers, power driver seat, cruise control, 16" mags, veeeeery smooth ride (the smoothest suv i've driven sofar), powerful 2.0 engine, nice interior w/ blue mood lights, very good handling and acceleration and so much more. IMO, its pearl white beats any pearl white i've seen in suv's.

although, i would likewise consider an outlander...for me, it's the dark horse in the small suv competition w/ its standard features (rockford fosgate sub and 18" mags, HID lights, etc...no need to spend extra hard-earned money on dressing it up)

the only reason i wouldn't go w/ a rav4 is that it has been around more than the two.....sa akin lang itong opinyon

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i like the subaru it's small and looks very manuverable. the rav4 well, never liked it from the start.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Fifth Gear's take on the Subaru Forester petrol. Comments made on air by Tom Ford:

It feels very rolly. I mean, its got plenty of grip. But by any normal standards, the handling's bad.
    This is the worst gearbox, I ever had the misfortune to encounter.
    Hate the engine. Hate the gearbox. Pretty much hate the car.
    ....looks more like a car, but drives more like a boat.
    It might be new but it isn't any good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Rav4 08 vs 08 Subaru Forester XT