New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sadyang mahina din po ang aircon ng jimny, hindi kaya lumaban sa tirik na araw. At kapag nasira ang compressor, palit assembly ayaw nila irepair dahil sirain daw. Cost is arnd 45-50k.

Downgraded din yung 4x4 select, dating push-button pneumatic knob type, biglang binalik sa samurai floor shift.
    Last edited by 12vdc; September 24th, 2022 at 10:08 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^ Trailer is road hazard po-not caged, no lights and side markers. You have to register at LTO a road legal trailer.

Pickup is still best of all worlds.

Jimny is for leisure/ rough terrain. Use it on long highway trips and you'll get sick of the unsprung weight of the solid axles & big tyres being undulated to the tiny chassis and occupant.

don't worry i only need to trailer maybe 2x a year. and there's a big orange cone on top of the yero, wala pa lang sa picture. btw meron lights yan at the back

that's why i don't wanna truck. i don't need to truck often so it'll be a shame to leave the bed empty 99% of the time. pickups do have their own set of pros and cons

yep i'm well aware of the ride quality (it sux). but that's ok coz my ecosport rides just fine especially w/ these tall sidewall tires

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Sadyang mahina din po ang aircon ng jimny, hindi kaya lumaban sa tirik na araw. At kapag nasira ang compressor, palit assembly ayaw nila irepair dahil sirain daw. Cost is arnd 45-50k.

Downgraded din yung 4x4 select, dating push-button pneumatic knob type, biglang binalik sa samurai floor shift.
    In theory, the mechanical 4WD selector should be more durable/reliable than the push-button electronic selector.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Are you gonna mod the hell out of the vehicle?

If not, then get the Jimmy. Xl ranger looks so bare.

But if you’re gonna go all out on modification, ranger coz its a newer platform. The jimny masyado ng played out, lowered or lifted may nakagawa na, little D, babyG or even 74 to 64 meron na.
    The Ranger XL might look bare because of the steel wheels but it does offer more safety features (6 airbags), and the body structure itself I believe is safer.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    In theory, the mechanical 4WD selector should be more durable/reliable than the push-button electronic selector.
    yeah that was what i was thinking too. and overall the jimny is probably more reliable than a ford. coz ford cheaps out on everything it can so we really shouldn't be surprised how they can feature-pack the XL for the same price as a hilux J 4x4

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The Ranger XL might look bare because of the steel wheels but it does offer more safety features (6 airbags), and the body structure itself I believe is safer.

pwet is bare, no bumper. but you're right, no missing essential features. kahit nga mudflaps meron.

definitely much safer than jimny which is like a 3-star car

another factor that swung me over to suzuki is the jimny is the cheapest 4x4 automatic. ranger XL might be feature packed but the clutch while not bad is still quite heavy

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Ask Jimny owners. Bet you'll hear they've come to appreciate the car more post-delivery than when they were shopping. A bud got 1 for his kid, said he dint know what got into him. It's too small, too slow for its fuel consumption, has an infotainment system that needs updating, and a ride that needs getting used to....but he found himself dailying it more over his other way-better-spec'd vehicles. The tiny Jimny charms & grows on you. It's easy to drive, park, own, take anywhere & trick out. Impractical on paper but contrary once owned. Go figure Ranger XL 4x4 vs Jimny

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ito 4x4 .....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Ang isang malaking tanong jan ay gagamitin mo ba ung bed ng pickup in case yun ang piliin mo? May parking din ba yan na personal kung sakali? Baka mamaya sa labas mo lang pala iiwanan yan ah.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234