New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Much as I like the Volvo XC60 too, it's just not there yet...when it comes to being a status symbol IMO. Volvo is smart (nee practical) luxury type.

I would have to suggest the Evoque which just screams money, *** and fame in front of you
    It looks like a concept car that headed straight to the production plant. Status is all there.
    Next would be the Q3. However, the Macan indeed is a good contender if you could wait for it.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    i have a colleague here who's driving a Q7... he's very impressed with the great exterior of the evoque!

3. Join Date
    May 2006

Benz parin kung isa sa factors yung status symbol..mula sa humble na magtataho o magbabalut to the president of the philippines, no wait, the heads of state of the world..they know what the 3 pointed star means.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post

Benz parin kung isa sa factors yung status symbol..mula sa humble na magtataho o magbabalut to the president of the philippines, no wait, the heads of state of the world..they know what the 3 pointed star means.
    I think Porsche also has that status. Maybe not with the mangtataho, but at least classes A-D are familiar with Porsche being an ultra expensive sports car brand.

Not as luxurious as a Chedeng, but is sportier and is equally pricey.

OT: Where did the "chedeng" monicker come from?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    I've ridden the Evoque of a very famous local celebrity a while ago. I'm leaning towards it supple and compliant riding comfort, and man that diesel engine is quiet and powerful! I also like its interior but I haven't tested its multimedia features and by the way, it will sport a ZF 9 speed A/T starting this month
    Well it seems that you are inclined with the Evoque already.

All the cars in your list screams status symbol. But if its clubbing and dating, Evoque na. Parating ka palang muka ka nang naka party mode.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I might go with the Evoque na The deciding factors are its being a Land Rover, which is known for its 4x4 capabilities (will be bringing it sometimes in the province). Plus its exterior will always be a head turner and the best part, my girl likes it very much when we saw one on the road

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I cross-shopped these 4 vehicles and thought about it for a long time. My initial pick was the GLK as I'm a huge mercedes fan. But the GLK seemed too small and dated, and didn't feel special enough. So I looked at the X3, but interior quality was terrible. It also looked a bit awkward to me, unlike the X5. I looked at the Evoque, and among the 4 vehicles, this was clearly the nicest inside out. If price is no object, it's not even a contest. But I was on a tight budget so I couldn't get the Evoque. I ended up with a Q5, which was elegant and special enough, and priced correctly too. Steering is too light for my taste but the ride was good, had a high-quality interior, and it seemed like the best choice, all things considered.

Still, the Evoque probably won more awards than the 3 others combined so if you don't mind paying the premium, go for it.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Evoque na talaga final decision. My mom and my girl really likes it. Bagay daw if both I and my dad will use it during dates plus if we bring it to Anvaya Cove at least once a month

My girl likes the panoramic sunroof so much, very romantic if nakabukas yun at night tapos nasa antipolo kaming 2

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Nice one! You got what you really really wanted.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Nice one! You got what you really really wanted.

Hehehe. My "boss" and my dad's "boss" have spoken

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Range Rover Evoque, BMW X3, Audi Q5 or Mercedes Benz GLK (no other suggestions please