New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    If you have another friday night/porma car in the house, i would get the Innova. Personally kasi, looks wise, medjo tagilid ang Innova sa Xtrail and Escape kahit anong accesories pa ilagay mo. Performance din. Pero very seldom do you use a car's maximum performance. Pag tagal, you will be more concerned with gas bills, availability of parts, etc. Basta may AC, ABS, Power windows at steering okay na. Innova D4D is the most practical. Consider this if you average 1,000kms per month:

Xtrail: At 6km/l you will need 166.7L of P54 gas. That amounts to P9000
    Innova D4D: At 8.5km/l you will need 117.6L of P44 diesel. That amounts to P5176

So you save around 4K a month. Multiply it by 12 months and that's almost 50k per year. Isang buwang tuition na nga bata yun.

Pero in my case, nasasayangan din kasi ako sa 450K kung bibili ako ng something that is not appealing to me. So I would choose the Xtrail and man up on the gas expenses. Pero sayang pa din ang 50k a year.

xcs lang kasi pino takbo ng xtrail ko... tried cheaper or other variant na 93 octane, and mas mainit, mas magaspang at mas matakaw...

well, maintence wise, mura parin ang modern gasoline engine than those CRDi, lalo na mga VGT... relatively comfortable, lesser engine dampers, lighter and lesser electronics ang gas engine...

ang xtrail 250x needs only 4 liters of engine oil, mine is motul h100+ 5w-40. vs d4d innova= around 4-5 liters.

change oil- 2x a year.. sa d4d 3-4 times para di madumi at malapot ang langis which would affect both crdi and turbo...

driving--- since turbo ang diesel, you need to have a cooldown of 1 min before shutting down the engine. otherwise, be ready to spend 100T for turbo replacement.

fuel, well, kung ordinary diesel at di ka religious magpalit ng filter, handa ka din magspend ng 100K for your common rail and injectors.

pag used---di mo alam ang unwritten history--everyday use ng owner! baka tap water lang nilalagay, di sinusunod an manual, may d4d prob na pala....

used nga xtrail ko, 2 years of ownership napalitan ko pang so far are: oil+filter, atf, power steering fluid, alternator pulley(sakit talaga to ng xtrail, buti nga ok pa radiator fans--most owners complain on this too) brake pads... at siyempre gulong (lakas ng makina, pag medyo madulas ang road, at nasa 2wd mode ako, front tires spins! parang ang yabang tuloy ng dating)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    We have a 2010 Escape and a 2011 Innova G. for riding comfort and performance I would choose the escape but it really is a gas guzzler at 5km/li city driving. For versatility and capacity, it would be the innova. We use the innova more during the weekends with the whole family.

X-Trail is nice but would be better with a diesel engine - even a TD27 would be OK for me. Innova looks ugly but at least has a diesel engine as option. Escape makes me consider a Chevy Captiva instead of it.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    In fairness mas maganda talaga peformance ng XCS sa Xtrail. I also got better fuel mileage sa XCS. Pero right now mas sulit pa rin yun promo ng hsbc kaya tiis muna ako dun. Kung nilabas ng Nissan yun Xtrail CVT 2.0L, eto magiging top seller. Mas matipid and mas malakas yun new 2.0L engine.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    its not the availability, but the price.
    Price? it's cheap as for my own experience.

With the 2.0L engine the X-Trail is quite underpowered, just like the Innova. The 2.5L goes OK but is too gas-guzzler, while the Innova has a turbodiesel option.

Again, why not to consider a Chevrolet Captiva? It has either a well-balanced 2.4L gasoline-powered engine and a good 2.0L turbodiesel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123