New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's a model that's going out of production. It'll be replaced by the i20, which will be more expensive. But until then... it's a good bargain.
    Niky, even during in the middle of its cycle, the Getz offer better value than the Pica. It started in 2005 with an SRP of 419K for the 1.1L pre-facelifted model. Now, a similarly equipped facelifted model is only 498K. The Pica, meanwhile started at 319K in 2004 and now sells for a whopping 595-610K for an MT model.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Niky, even during in the middle of its cycle, the Getz offer better value than the Pica. It started in 2005 with an SRP of 419K for the 1.1L pre-facelifted model. Now, a similarly equipped facelifted model is only 498K. The Pica, meanwhile started at 319K in 2004 and now sells for a whopping 595-610K for an MT model.
    Yup. I wanted to get a Picanto early on... but didn't quite make the trade in... after the first year, the price had already shot up to 425-475k...

Problem is Kia-Columbian doesn't seem to have quite the clout of HARI when it comes to negotiating with the mother company... or it could be a case of "not broken, doesn't need fixing..."... if they can still sell the Picanto at these prices, what incentive is there to lower it?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    He's alive, isn't he? If he were driving a 90's compact, like an old Sentra or Lancer, his chances of survival would have been much lower. The Picanto's unibody is actually pretty decently stiff... and it has crash survivability comparable to a 2000 year-model compact.

Now, if he were in an Aveo... [/quote]

buhay naman kac sa likod sya nabangga kaso na pisak ung likod, nabangga cya ng jeep, ung jeep parang walang nangyari. kung meron tao sa likod patay un sure

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by projector View Post
    He's alive, isn't he? If he were driving a 90's compact, like an old Sentra or Lancer, his chances of survival would have been much lower. The Picanto's unibody is actually pretty decently stiff... and it has crash survivability comparable to a 2000 year-model compact.

Now, if he were in an Aveo...
    buhay naman kac sa likod sya nabangga kaso na pisak ung likod, nabangga cya ng jeep, ung jeep parang walang nangyari. kung meron tao sa likod patay un sure[/QUOTE]

All back seats near the windshield are unsafe... remember the people who died in the Everest on the NLEX last year? Second row pa yun.

Fifth Gear did a test with an Opel Zafira... which is a bigger car... rear-ended it with a truck... third row seats were really dangerous to be in.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    if you are choosing among the 2. i suggest u go with the avanza. just buy new rims.

picantos are for highschool kids. or college girls.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    avanza walang duda

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinnovation View Post
    if you are choosing among the 2. i suggest u go with the avanza. just buy new rims.

picantos are for highschool kids. or college girls.
    ang cute ng mga girls na naka Picanto

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Avanza1.3 J 5-Speed M/T (5 seater)Php593,000.00

[SIZE=3]Picanto 1.1 EX MT(5 seater) Php595,000.00 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I choose Avanza...[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    If I drove a Picanto, the rear passengers will be having a lot of trouble. But it's avoidable if my belly touches the steering wheel. Not the case on the Avanza.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Price War: PICANTO vs AVANZA