New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Previa 2005 or Innova V 2007

I think both cars you're looking at no longer belongs to the original owner.

Really tough to choose between the 2.

BUT if I'm just looking at the cars...

Previa will provide better luxury, it's not as common as the Innova and that 2.4 engine should give you better power to weight ratio than the Innova's 2.0L engine.

BUT both are really old...

So I will need to see the background of the present (and previous) t owner before making the purchase.

Can they afford to maintain it? Is it a daily driver for 1 person? Was it used for business?

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    I'll go for the Previa, been enjoying mine since day 1.
    its a bit of a gas guzzler but its definitely much more comfortable that it seems like youre riding in a cruise ship.

Parts are a bit rare, most often you have to order for the parts you need.

Very executive feel.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Hi Chief GTi,

I also used to drive a Revo, then the Avanza. Back then, I also owned a Delica, other than that, I usually own a sedan. Comfort wise, those three I mentioned are far from a sedan, but the seating capacity pays for its shortcoming. Yes, given the Alterra's suspension set-up, I think I can live with it. Sorry if this is of topic, comparing with the Starex (2005-2007 model), do you think the Alterra is much better in terms of drive-ability, durability, acceleration, economy, parts and maintenance? Space wise, it is definitely the Starex.

Thank you for your thoughts, Chief GTi.
    The advantage of the leaf spring setup is the ability to carry heavier loads. I've squeezed 13 people in the Revo and the rear end didn't break a sweat. If you carry heavy cargo a lot, say, ceramic tiles or the like, then the Alterra is right up your alley.

IMHO sanayan nalang rin in terms of driveability. We have a Granvia and a Carnival. Size difference is roughly the same as a Starex and Alterra. At this point, I hardly feel the difference at all.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345