New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Oh, yeah... except for the lack of elbow room in the rear compared to compacts like the Sentra and Civic (narrow car), the City has huge amounts of space. High roof, lots of leg room... only complaint is the front seats are a bit too low.

And the trunk? The City's trunk is bigger than the Civic's, the Corolla's... and the Camry's... if you feel like carrying dead bodies to Laguna de Bay in the trunk, there's no better car.
    hehe I told my friend to bring his DPC yellow pages if the height adjuster isn't enough

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    the Optra is very tempting...although if ever i were to pick one...it would be the City.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hate how it looks, but hands down, CITY.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    city anytime... mas mataas pa resale value...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    - Optra looks better than the City, exterior and interior. The City looks odd IMO but may probably grow on you.
    - In the short trips Ive had in these two cars (as passenger), I'd say the Optra is more refined especially in the highway.
    - The scary part of owning the Optra is it's perceived low-resale value and its reliability issues. But a brand new car should be generally OK at least up to 4 or 5 years.

Have you tested both cars? See if which one will appeal to you more.
    How're you gonna use the car? is it a daily commute with 1 or 2 passngers? or just a second car? fuel economy may matter depending on this.
    How about other cars? these 2 cars are good but there are better choices.

just my .02

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bajumbo
    hehe I told my friend to bring his DPC yellow pages if the height adjuster isn't enough
    For me, it's not the height per se, but for taller guys, it leaves your legs in an awkward position during long stints of driving. Medyo masakit sa knees for us "older" guys...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    medyo nagsisisi din ako kung bakit Optra ang kinuha ko.
    sana pala i bought mazda 3 or yung focus na 1.6L

bakit nga pala di mo i-consider yung ibang models?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ano kaya mga problems ng optra? kasi ung city mukang ok eh, mukang alang msyadong problema, kaya baka mgcity nlng ako na 1.5,

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa dame ng lemon cars nila.. iba iba...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    llc: Between your choices, sa City na lang. Pero I highly suggest that you also take a look at other options na pasok sa budget, Jazz, Civic (base model), Mazda 3 (base model), Swift pwede din. Kasi if I were in your shoes, the City and the Optra wouldn't even cross my mind (sorry sa City and Optra owners opinion lang po).

Or you could go 'pre-owned', but that'd be a whole new topic altogether.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Which is preferable a 2006 city or a 2006 optra