Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    A Diesel-Revo would be nice but no A/T.

An SR or VX variant would be nicer.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Overlooked the AT requirement.

Good news: For 350K you can get a gas-fed Revo with an AT.

The bad... Prepare to suffer from poor fuel efficiency as they are all guzzlers. 8-10 km/L. Worse pa siguro in Metro Manila traffic.

But if you decide to get one, I suggest the GLX variant. Why? The SR and VX would be much heavier due to the added weight of the claddings, fenders, etc.

Get rid of the bullbars, roof carrier, stepboards, etc. Pampabigat lang mga yon. Do not upsize your tires (eg. bigger means heavier = more rolling resistance).

Also, stay away from the 2.0 GSX model.

Ditto, if you consider the Adventure.

The dilemma is if you cannot stomach the fuel consumption.
    Hence,
    1. Teach your wife to drive the stick shift. This way, you can get a value- for-money diesel Revo.

2. Get a diesel AT....which is available in the Isuzu Crosswind. The value for money perhaps would be an XTO for the 2002-2003 model. Much better if you can get a more recent XTRM or an XUV. Bu these ones do not come cheap as Isuzu generally has a higher resale value in the second-hand market precisely because matipid.

Lastly, kung mapasubo man lang sa mga gas guzzlers....why not consider the Ford Escape. Some are selling in the sub-500 thousand range. It rides and drives much better than the Revo. Much superior vehicle too. And its availbale in AT.

Just my thoughts....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    agree ako kay gerbo, ganyan din inisip ko nung namili ako, doon na ako sa mas simple,

kakabili ko lang din ng revo glx 99 model, 1.8 gas AT, nakaka 7.8kms/liter ako. not bad narin imho, pag diesel may chance na mausok na at this age. price difference ng gas and diesel di na malayo, since wifey mo ang driver, matutuwa siya dahil very smooth walang diesel vibration. gas engine ng revo mas madali mura imaintain, timing chain na and uses only 4 liters of oil. bawi ka dito, 275k kuha ko with 150k sa odometer. ang kagandahan lang sa nakuha kong unit walang bangga and very fresh yung interior, I spent around 100k to fix it up. pinalitan ko lahat ng parts para may peace of mind ako. a large chunk of that budget went sa new tires 22k kasi yung 4, 16 inch tires, naka mags ng gen 1 rav 4 kasi. (ito lang ang luho ng revo ko, 14 inch tire 2,800 lang isa vs 5,500 sa 16's. sabi kasi saakin ang gearing ng revo gas are too short kaya malakas sa gas, and switching to bigger tires could help fuel economy lalo na sa highway) new radio 6.5k and tint 4.5k. the restsal oem parts and labor na, suspension bushings, shocks, engine supports, gear shift bushing, brake pads and shoe, replaced all fluids. 555 brand (ball joints, and tie rods, rack end), front and rear bearings. oil change and tune up. imho ang dali lang ayusin ng revo, kokonti ang parts, kaya madali maghanap ng kalampag. very simple AUV,
    Last edited by promdiboy; September 4th, 2008 at 05:27 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009

hi guys,

was just browsing for possible info sa pagpili ng sasakyan bilhin ko... when i come across this forum. I think its very informative though sometimes technical, maybe because im the wifey

well, i was hoping to get help in deciding.

VX200 (02)
    XTO (02)

it has to be AT can't drive manual...

i want a family car for travelling sa province (Quezon)

i used to drive lxi civic 96, im happy with her pero need to part na din kasi need a bigger ride...

Thanks for any thoughts...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mom's da driver View Post

hi guys,

was just browsing for possible info sa pagpili ng sasakyan bilhin ko... when i come across this forum. I think its very informative though sometimes technical, maybe because im the wifey

well, i was hoping to get help in deciding.

VX200 (02)
    XTO (02)

it has to be AT can't drive manual...

i want a family car for travelling sa province (Quezon)

i used to drive lxi civic 96, im happy with her pero need to part na din kasi need a bigger ride...

Thanks for any thoughts...
    Well, yeah. The Vx200 is much more comfy to drive. But your money wouldnt have the time to get comfortable in your pocket when owning this car. IT IS a gas guzzler. Especially if automatic.

The XTO`s not bad, yeah its very fuel efficient and you wouldnt need to worry if you harass it. Well, you wont find a low-mileage XTO nowadays. Expect it to be at the 100k range or higher.

Both of them aren't common in the streets, dunno why. There are crosswind owners here like sir XTO and sir Gerbo. Maybe they could give you much more specific inputs about the crosswind XTO, for I do not own any of the 2.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Well, yeah. The Vx200 is much more comfy to drive. But your money wouldnt have the time to get comfortable in your pocket when owning this car. IT IS a gas guzzler. Especially if automatic.

The XTO`s not bad, yeah its very fuel efficient and you wouldnt need to worry if you harass it. Well, you wont find a low-mileage XTO nowadays. Expect it to be at the 100k range or higher.

Both of them aren't common in the streets, dunno why. There are crosswind owners here like sir XTO and sir Gerbo. Maybe they could give you much more specific inputs about the crosswind XTO, for I do not own any of the 2.

HTH
    i like vx because of the vcd monitor, entertainment for the kids. while im thinking xto is fuel efficient as I've read here and seems like easy to maintain...

the xto mileage is around 95k and parang mahal at 400k price...

thank you po,

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mom's da driver View Post
    i like vx because of the vcd monitor, entertainment for the kids. while im thinking xto is fuel efficient as I've read here and seems like easy to maintain...

the xto mileage is around 95k and parang mahal at 400k price...

thank you po,
    Advise ko lang rin po, make a new thread po on the Car Comparisons section so you could have more opinions on what is the best buy among the two.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    why not search for the Revo model VX240D? it is still a VX model but has a diesel engine. as what i heard, the gasoline variant of the Revo is a gas guzzler. considering you're looking for the VX200 variant which has a 2.0 gas engine, fc will definitely suffer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
pls help what "REVO" will I buy