Jun 2012
    pls help, for my first car:
    KIA rio hatchback
    HONDA city 1.3 a/t
    HYUNDAI accent 1.4 a/t

thank you

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO the Rio would be the best. Engine performance is good enough, suspension tuning is better than the Accent's, and there has been no noise about engine knocking with the Rio as of late, at least none that I've heard. The design is a real standout. Really aggressive as compared to the more feminine-looking Accent and the starting-to-age design of the City.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i would go for honda city what's your requirement sir amalgam102?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    value for money, for city driving lng po xa.. thanks

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by amalgam102 View Post
    pls help, for my first car:
    KIA rio hatchback
    HONDA city 1.3 a/t
    HYUNDAI accent 1.4 a/t

thank you
    If you check out the forums on Hyundai Accent, you'll read a lot about it's engine issues. So if you want to be safe go for the Honda City 1.3 A/T. It drives really well and the fuel economy is pretty good. why risk your hard earned money right? plus if it has issues now, what do you think the resale value will be? I bet its lower than if you get a Honda City.

The RIO Hatch is at 838K i think so it's the most expensive among the 3. Personally if you're able to stretch your budget to those levels better to get a 1.5 City or Jazz or a Ford Fiesta Sport instead.

You might want to add the 1.4 Ford Fiesta on your choices and remove the Accent.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've developed a dislike for the Honda City 1.3S because it offer very little for the money you pay to get one.

At 786k, these other subcompacts are cheaper:

- Mazda 2 1.5V sedan (729k, MT only)
    - Suzuki Swift 1.4 (784k, AT)
    - Toyota Yaris 1.5G (785k, AT)
    - Toyota Vios 1.3G (740k, AT only)
    - Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 GLS (765k, CVT)

Then there's the Ford Fiesta 1.6 Trend hatch that costs 799k, just a little more over the City, but already has a stronger 1.6L engine and a dual-clutch transmission.

Among those choices, if all you want is a reliable city car, I'd suggest the TOYOTA YARIS 1.5G.

It's cheap, has a potent 1.5L engine that's very fuel efficient, and has all the necessary features in a subcompact.

If you want a car with more character though, and you're willing to go over 800k (since sinali mo yung Rio hatch), you should try the Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sport (834k). Powerful engine, superb handling, lots of features, stunning looks.
    Last edited by jut703; July 3rd, 2012 at 09:28 PM.

pls help, for my first car. rio hatchback, honda city 1.3 a/t, or accent 1.4 a/t?