New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Help nman.. First car po and Girl driver po..
    no idea pa tlaga.
    need all the advice and comments that u can give..

suggestions nman po..

Pros and cons ng:
    Nissan Sentra
    Mitsubishi Lancer

Budget ko 200-230k..
    Automatic hanap ko.. 2000 model and Up po..

type ko sana ung Lancer kc parang mas pormado.. sentra nman parang maganda ung loob..
    Pero dun ako sa mas matipid sa gas at mas madali hanapin ang parts kung magkaproblema..

kung may massuggest dn kayo na car para sa 200-230k na budget ko..
    any toyota car na dn po na pasok sa budget ko..

thanks a lot guys!
    =)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For your budget pasok ang early 2000s X-plate Sentra Exalta and Cedia Lancer na 1.6L A/T. The Lancer is sportier while the Sentra is more luxurious. Normally, a male buyer would pick the Lancer and a female buyer would pick the Sentra. Tingnan mo ng maigi inside and out as to which one you prefer. Although if you ask me, mas gusto ko talaga ang design ng Lancer inside and out. Engines for both are pretty similar in terms of power, though the Sentra should be the more refined between the two as it has the newer engine. The Sentra is also more feature packed (4 wheel disc brakes with ABS/EBD, dual airbags, automatic climate control, leather seats, etc, etc...). For you I'd recommend the Sentra over the Lancer, but if you plan to sell it again anytime soon, it is worth noting that Nissans do not have good resale values.

Toyota car? Hindi pa kasi papasok sa budget mo ang Altis eh. Pasok sa budget mo late 90s to early 2000s "Lovelife" Corolla. Boring...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Either GLS or MX kunin mo sa Lancer. Pero mas maganda kung MX.

Huwag yung GLX, karburador pa yun.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    For your budget pasok ang early 2000s X-plate Sentra Exalta and Cedia Lancer na 1.6L A/T. The Lancer is sportier while the Sentra is more luxurious. Normally, a male buyer would pick the Lancer and a female buyer would pick the Sentra. Tingnan mo ng maigi inside and out as to which one you prefer. Although if you ask me, mas gusto ko talaga ang design ng Lancer inside and out. Engines for both are pretty similar in terms of power, though the Sentra should be the more refined between the two as it has the newer engine. The Sentra is also more feature packed (4 wheel disc brakes with ABS/EBD, dual airbags, automatic climate control, leather seats, etc, etc...). For you I'd recommend the Sentra over the Lancer, but if you plan to sell it again anytime soon, it is worth noting that Nissans do not have good resale values.

Toyota car? Hindi pa kasi papasok sa budget mo ang Altis eh. Pasok sa budget mo late 90s to early 2000s "Lovelife" Corolla. Boring...
    This is really helpful.. Thank u sa reply.. atleast now may idea na ko sa dalawa
    and toyota altis, may mga nakita ko sa ayosdito 250k na negotiable.. what do u think? mas better altis sa lancer and sentra? :P thank u so much ulet!!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

thank u can i jst ask anong difference ng gls sa mx? thanks!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah yes. Nakita ko ngayon lang. If you can find an A/T Altis that will fit your budget, even better. Takot lang kasi ako baka kapag sobrang mura ang Altis, baka naman laspag na. Kung meron mang Altis na nas low 200+k siguradong low end variant yan so lalabas mas maraming features makukuha mo sa Sentra, although mas spacious ng konti ang Altis sa Sentra. And you can get a newer Sentra as compared to an Altis. Sa Altis kapag A/T tiyak na 2001 lang makukuha mo, while sa Sentra abot 2003 or even 2004.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

i have a 2003 cedia lancer mx. it gargles gas like a crv. but i love its looks, and i feel so comfortable inside, it seems it was tailor-made for me. i also have a basic 97 sentra. and i feel the engineering difference every time.. while the cedia insulates, the sentra transmits..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have a 2003 cedia lancer mx. it gargles gas like a crv. but i love its looks, and i feel so comfortable inside, it seems it was tailor-made for me. i also have a basic 97 sentra. and i feel the engineering difference every time.. while the cedia insulates, the sentra transmits..
    Gargles gas like a CRV? Eh di nasa mga 6km/L? Katakot naman niyan, CVT ba sayo bro? 1.6 or 1.8?

pls HELP: 200-230k budget Nissan Sentra / Mistubishi Lancer