New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Paying for the car is simply the start or the first 1%.

Enjoying the car is the remaining 99%.

I suggest giving the prospective cars a test drive each because once you've paid for it, you can't give it back for a refund. Make sure the car you buy is the car you would love driving. You might end up paying a bit more for what you love but better than ending it with "sana binili ko yun" thoughts for the next five to ten years.
    kung ako, lancer ex na. i like its looks and it's the most powerful/nimble car among the TS' choices. sometimes, you need powerful/nimble car specially when you're in a hurry and needs to overtake other cars and ayaw mag-give way ng driver. my 2nd choice would be toyota altis. this is one of the best selling cars of all times. if yor not conscious about its being "taxi-ble". sabagay, vios na ngayon ang pang-taxi. no offense lang po sa vios and altis owners. pero kaya nga ginagamit na taxi kasi subok na matibay.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You can also consider the Grand Livina. Underrated sobra tong vehicle and the price of the manual model has been decreased. Although the 3rd row seats are very cramped, at least you still have an option in case you need the additional seats.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    The Mazda 3 hatch would actually be a good opportunity for the TS. Big discounts kasi outgoing model, and the underpowered engine on a heavy body won't actually be an issue kung hindi mo naman hina-hataw. Advantage pa nga yung small engine displacement kasi less FC pag idling sa heavy traffic. I'm sure it will serve well as a daily driver, as long as you don't treat it as a play thing.
    Actually, even if you don't make "hataw", the power difference is very much apparent in everyday driving. This is especially evident when you're on ramps, and trying to ferry 4 people? PATAY! Sluggish na. This is coming from a former Mazda3 driver Fuel economy was from 7.5-8.5km/L. Either that or I just love the suspension too much... feeling Beemer 3-series. Haha..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Actually, even if you don't make "hataw", the power difference is very much apparent in everyday driving. This is especially evident when you're on ramps, and trying to ferry 4 people? PATAY! Sluggish na. This is coming from a former Mazda3 driver Fuel economy was from 7.5-8.5km/L. Either that or I just love the suspension too much... feeling Beemer 3-series. Haha..
    Talaga? Had the opportunity to drive one in the past, though I don't remember having difficulty on slopes. 2 passengers only tho. Oh well, to each his own, I had a good impression on the 3 kasi dati. On a side note, the altis and the jazz would be really safe pics anyway. And it always comes down to test driving. Feedback and specs on paper kasi doesn't tell the whole story.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kung 1.6 naman ang hahanapin, IMHO huwag na ang MZ3. The glaring lack of power is unforgivable. Even an "itlog" Lancer GLXi or AE101 Corolla GLi have more power! And they're both more than ten years the MZ3's senior at that. For 1.6, I suggest you look at the Altis or Accent, or the base model Elantra once it comes out in a few weeks time.
    Mz3 1.6 is very slow. It's even slower than the Vios 1.5G. But the motor driven hydraulic power steering is very good. NVH of the pre-facelifts are worse than the facelifts. But I really like the interior of the facelifted Mz3.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Yep. Steering + Interior Quality habol mo abot Mazda3. The 2.0 is good, but the price difference is not.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi, we are just waiting for the approval of the company car plan before making the purchase. May I just ask some newbie questions on how to purchase a car (this is our first brand new car):

1. Is there a need to make a reservation? Is this refundable? What is the purpose of this?
    2. Can the dealer already process the sale based on the reservation? For example, if there is a two week waiting time to get the car, does this start upon payment of a reservation?
    3. What are the next steps after the reservation?

Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    Hi, we are just waiting for the approval of the company car plan before making the purchase. May I just ask some newbie questions on how to purchase a car (this is our first brand new car):

1. Is there a need to make a reservation? Is this refundable? What is the purpose of this?
    In the local market, yes. This gets the "ball" rolling and the sales process moving.

Generally it's not refundable but you can ask your specific sales person if you can still refund your deposit in case you change your mind.

2. Can the dealer already process the sale based on the reservation? For example, if there is a two week waiting time to get the car, does this start upon payment of a reservation?
    Yes, see previous reason.

3. What are the next steps after the reservation?
    The sales agent will ask you to fill an information form which includes your general information, mode of payment, address, business, car to be bought, etc. They will also ask you if you want to have the in-house insurance or will you prefer to have your own insurance.

For more details, just ask your sales agent to guide you through the steps.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    You could never go wrong with the Altis. Although I feel Honda should be giving discounts to Civic buyers too cause it's also due for replacement already. The Civic 1.8V is a nice option too. But if you can, step up with the 1.8S.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks to everyone for the many inputs, we've finally decided and chose the Altis. Target date to get the unit is on the 16th. Will next visit the Altis thread : )

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Please help us choose a new car