New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Grabe yang Strada na yan eh almost always 5 digits ang maintenance cost kaya when I used to be in the market for a pickup I was siding with the Nissan Navara because it had lower maintenance cost...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I would choose the Altis if I were in a hurry. But if you can wait, you might want to check out the new Hyundai Elantra. It will be launched this coming April at the MIAS.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    * Big-daddy 1. Lancer EX GLS
    2. Toyota Altis

You can't go wrong with these 2...in my case I'm also considering the resale value of the vehicle, as well as the internal space...which you might need since this will be your daily drive...and I'm assuming...weekend ride as well.

3. Honda Jazz

If it still gives you difficulty making a decision....Lancer EX no doubt!!!
    Last edited by tom_guts; March 25th, 2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: update

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I agree with eljo...

Once your CRDi ages the maintenance costs pile up like crazy... Take it from me who own one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Agree. Take it from me who own three
    Take it from me who own none, Pajero FM 2.8 TD lang. Noong nasira last 2008 yung Injection Pump kasi ayaw mag-start unless i-rev for 5 minutes (at mausukan ang mga kapitbahay at buong village), ang price ng repair 17,000 peso wala pang labor.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    Did a little research and we've narrowed down to these candidates, with the sticker prices:

1. Toyota Altis 1.6L G, P 894k
    2. Ford Fiesta 1.6L Sport, P 816k
    3. Mazda 3 V 4dr, P 895k
    4. Honda Jazz 1.5 V, P 857k
    5. Ford Focus Trend 5dr, P 879k
    Accent na yan. Joke! Ayoko nga ng Accent Blue which cost 808k. Mahal. (Hindi ako hyundai hater I like the Accent 1.4 A/T, just hate subcompacts that are priced above 800k)

Among the choices, kung ako bibili I'd pick the Focus Trend 5-dr.

Love the ride hate the FC, space and wheel design. Pero euro dating sa akin eh kaya okay lang kahit di practical masyado.

1st runner up: (Only if paid in cash) Lancer EX GLS mukhang mahal ang price pero hate the faux wood and the high revving tranny, better manually shift the CVT.

2nd runner up: Altis G. Medyo okay na din yung facelift and the interior is okay. Okay na kotse. Di panget di rin cool. For me, di masyado nagkakalayo itsura niya sa Altis V. Except for the wheels and side skirts. Also, when I see an Altis G, feeling ko top of the line pa rin kasi 9th gen Altis, G ang top of the line variant.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    1st runner up: (Only if paid in cash) Lancer EX GLS mukhang mahal ang price pero hate the faux wood and the high revving tranny, better manually shift the CVT.

High reving tranny? Actually the CVT tranny lets the engine stay in low revs yet still be drivable enough. Just give the gas pedal the lightest of pressures and the car would start moving & accelerating while the engine is just above 1200rpms.

Putting the CVT in automatic is the best for fuel economy. But you can put into manual-mode if you want to have more fun with the car's performance potential.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for all the comments everyone. Will go to some dealers tomorrow to check out the actual units and hopefully do some test drives. Will keep you updated.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Korek!

*GTi: Ganyan talaga kalakas sa crudo yung GRX. Pati Grand Starex VGT malakas din daw sa crudo (as compared to the HiAce Super Grandia). Kaso priceless yung power
    Onga, I heard the Grand Starex drinks around as much as our Trooper does. Pero 7-7.5km/L is fine for me. As long as it doesn't get dramatically low in hataw mode the way gas engines do. In the end it really depends on the buyer's requirements, driving style, place/distance of daily commute, etc.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    among the 5 choices - i'd pick the Altis

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    Thanks for all the comments everyone. Will go to some dealers tomorrow to check out the actual units and hopefully do some test drives. Will keep you updated.

Keep us updated.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Please help us choose a new car