New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Can you please tell me which is a better deal? A Honda Accord 1994 vs. Mazda Familia 1999. My budget only ranges from 130k-150k. Accord is a bit higher so can you please tell me if Mazda familia 1999 is ok interms of maintenance, etc... Here are the links of the models i found. Thanks!

Honda: http://www.kotsemo.com/Www/Search/Au.../?autoID=12157

Mazda: http://www.carfinderph.com/CarDetail.asp?carId=7902

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    go for the mazda if you would be using the car on a daily basis.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I second the Mazda for your daily use since its cheaper to run and operate. But kung mayaman ka at kaya mo 8km/L consumption and around P7000/PMS then the Accord is head above waters than the Mazda.

Also tignan mo din sa dalawa sino mas laspag....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Whichever has a better overall condition... though bear in mind that the Accord is 5 years older than the 323 so the chances of more parts breaking due to wear & tear is higher.

For the Mazda, its sore points are the engine mounts, rust in the rear fender, transmission bushing & erratic idling. These items though can be easily remedied & wouldn't cost that much.

bigbigcar.com Feature: BMW Dynamic Drive Experience

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    we have the same accord model and IMO its the best looking accord up to now.

pero keep in mind the cost of repairing sa accord... medyo expensive than the mazda.

all in all...

looks and power: accord
    daily driven and FC: mazda

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for all your suggestion.. I think i'll go with mazda since daily basis ko cyang gagamitin and tipid din.. Thanks Again!!!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    mahal ng mazda paps

accord na lang

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I believe matakaw din sa gas ang mazda 323 eh....almost same range as the accord, although with the model you are choosing with, the accord is really far older than the 323. so even if im biased with the accord, i'd go for the mazda na nga lang. hehehe good luck! updates na lang on your decision.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hehehe I'd go for the Accord. I've got a Mazda fanilia and the FC was so terrible. So better go for the accord it has better look more power same fc I think maybe better.

[Please Help Please] Honda Accord 1994 vs. Mazda Familia 1999