New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    based on your criteria, almost any decent car will do. but you are a doctor-in-training, right? and so, here are a few special pointers for you:
    all your books for the entire 4-year medical course will fit in the second row seats of almost any car. and a week's supply of clothes isn't that bulky. kasya yan sa tabi mo.
    i believe most brand new cars can climb at a decent rate to tagaytay for a post-duty breakfast or brunch at residence inn. with a very bright future in front of you and you want to throw it all away by getting into an accident racing??!! heh heh.
    get a car that's comfortable enough for you. test drive them. they're supposed to help you, not cause you body pains.
    don't think of a car that can bring home the cadaver; bawal !
    and don't get a car that's too comfortable for your passengers, lest you end up being the class schoolbus cum driver.
    and get a car that can ford floods. duktor ka! wala kang karapatang ma-late, umabsent, o malunod!
    but what i especially suggest to you, is to get a brand which has a service center near your residence or your school/hospital. that way, you can have it serviced with a minimum of fuss..
    and lastly, don't get a car that's too flashy. huwag mo ihiya ang mga titser mo sa parking lot... heh heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *TS: Taking into consideration the above post, I suppose you should consider taking a taller car. For this I'd suggest you consider those almost-new 2010 and early 2011 cars. These are the best buys you can get since it has already gone through the initial depreciation. I suggest you consider the Everest TDCi (like dr.d said, not too comfortable, very sturdy, has good performance with surpisingly good handling, and is among the best in flood fording among modern cars)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Length or height?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I have an officemate who is 6' 1" and he's driving Jazz 2nd gen.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Head room would not be a problem for the Jazz.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    Head room would not be a problem for the Jazz.
    Sa city ba ok din kahit 6ftr?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Sa city ba ok din kahit 6ftr?
    I would think so, headroom is not usually a problem for sedans/sub compacts except for those really small ones (Swift, i can't fit in it, lol). I find more SUV's and Trucks with lower headroom's than sedans. For comparison, when I drive a D-Max, eye level is already at the top of the windshield, this is the same when I drive the Patrol. For the Jazz, eye level is still mid windshield level. Noted that for all vehicles I always set the seats at lowest position because I have big legs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please help me and my father to decide