New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    may kulang nga .. SUV category naba ang tucson and sportage?
    yep SUV na sila..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well... his choices are based on the ride comfort... and the Eve just isn't the most comfortable.

Within the SUV category, you should never discount the CR-V (The RAV4 is just too expensive for your budget) or the X-Trail. While Nissan may not be doing well, the X-Trail is an excellent product, and both X-Trail and CR-V are relatively fuel efficient for gasoline cars.

Amongst the three short-listed... the Forester and Tribute ride better than the Tucson, which is a little on the firm and truck-ish side. All three handle pretty well for their class. The Tucson's drivetrain (whether MT or AT) isn't very sophisticated, though, and I'd only get it in 4x2 CRDi AT, as that's your best bet for practicality and economy amongst the three.

Rear seat space is better in the Tribute and Tucson... the Forester's rear seat is a bit small for me, but the Tucson comes in last place in terms of cargo space. It's still better than a car, though, and it's only you (ichabod) who can decide if its enough for your needs. Build quality-wise... the Tucson has the cheapest plastics, the Tribby is better and the Forester is the best, but not by much over the Tribby.

If you're buying to drive it... I'd say the Forester is the best bet (except that it's not that quick). If you base your buy on comfort and ease of driving, the Tribute is tops... but if you're going for practical, the Tucson is it.

That's what I was going to say!

Pero padaliin ko decision nung TS. AFAIK, there are currently NO MORE brand new Foresters of ANY variant whatsoever. (Actually, kahit used wala din nagbebenta).

Even the test drive unit has been sold po. Apparently, MI didn't think they'd sell THAT many. Since padating na ang 09 model about August, hinihintay na lang nila yun.

As for the rest, I agree with niky.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    go for a ford escape. they have big discounts and you even have 200k change from your budget.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Please help on Entry-level SUV choice