New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    Strada is even more comfy than an Everest.

With a canopy, a pick-up is almost an SUV.
    where can you get access to the canopy? from the rear? i believe the TS has children and would not want them to stay in the canopy area of the pick up. the reason why families get the SUV is because the seats are wider, not beacuseof the luggage area.

with the pick-up you sacrifice space for the flat bed.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks again. My options are opening up. Ill now need to spend more of my sunday visiting the dealers :D

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys, I think we would be doing the thread starter a big favor by sticking close to the topic here.

In this case, his choice is an SUV so it is only proper that we help him in this category only so as to minimize confusion not only for him but the other forum readers as well. We may suggest alternative makes to his enumerated personal choices but make sure that it is of the same type - SUV

Tsikot forum threads get muddled when off-topic replies accumulate and eventually ruin the threads objectivity.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... his choices are based on the ride comfort... and the Eve just isn't the most comfortable.

Within the SUV category, you should never discount the CR-V (The RAV4 is just too expensive for your budget) or the X-Trail. While Nissan may not be doing well, the X-Trail is an excellent product, and both X-Trail and CR-V are relatively fuel efficient for gasoline cars.

Amongst the three short-listed... the Forester and Tribute ride better than the Tucson, which is a little on the firm and truck-ish side. All three handle pretty well for their class. The Tucson's drivetrain (whether MT or AT) isn't very sophisticated, though, and I'd only get it in 4x2 CRDi AT, as that's your best bet for practicality and economy amongst the three.

Rear seat space is better in the Tribute and Tucson... the Forester's rear seat is a bit small for me, but the Tucson comes in last place in terms of cargo space. It's still better than a car, though, and it's only you (ichabod) who can decide if its enough for your needs. Build quality-wise... the Tucson has the cheapest plastics, the Tribby is better and the Forester is the best, but not by much over the Tribby.

If you're buying to drive it... I'd say the Forester is the best bet (except that it's not that quick). If you base your buy on comfort and ease of driving, the Tribute is tops... but if you're going for practical, the Tucson is it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my choice: Nissan X-TRAIL 2.0L

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007

sir prices po ng hyundai line ups including the tucson ..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post

sir prices po ng hyundai line ups including the tucson ..
    OT: si SQ talaga hyundai fanboi.. hihi

starex limousine meron? :bwahaha:

Last edited by JJCarEnthusiast; May 8th, 2008 at 01:27 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    OT ka JJ!!

basta get the CRdi one .. and my vote sana is for santa fe but if not tucson CRDi nalang po ..

mods pa check po ng post ni JJ !!

peace

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    OT ka JJ!!

basta get the CRdi one .. and my vote sana is for santa fe but if not tucson CRDi nalang po ..

mods pa check po ng post ni JJ !!

peace
    bleh!!! :rofl:

ako kung korean diesel, santa fe ako. santa fe is the only korean car that caught my eyes. others like tuc and sportage, maganda naman sila pero parang may kulang.. ewan ko ba

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    bleh!!! :rofl:

ako kung korean diesel, santa fe ako. santa fe is the only korean car that caught my eyes. others like tuc and sportage, maganda naman sila pero parang may kulang.. ewan ko ba

may kulang nga .. SUV category naba ang tucson and sportage?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please help on Entry-level SUV choice