New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Price is almost the same. So this 2 cars fits on my budget. Typically will use this car on Mondays to Fridays from house to work (UST to Commonwealth). On weekends, me,my fiance and friends love to go out of town, so some long driving maybe twice to 3x a month. Fuel efficiency and low cost maintenance is my top priority. Please advise. Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jomskeet View Post
    Price is almost the same. So this 2 cars fits on my budget. Typically will use this car on Mondays to Fridays from house to work (UST to Commonwealth). On weekends, me,my fiance and friends love to go out of town, so some long driving maybe twice to 3x a month. Fuel efficiency and low cost maintenance is my top priority. Please advise. Thank you!
    Yan din pinagpilian ko before. I ended up with the Altis G. Fuel efficiency almost the same pero sa maintenance, Toyota wins.. Other factors that I've considered, Compact vs. sub-compact, space (width) and better handling. May similar thread akong nabasa before try to check na lng.. Goodluck!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Eto rin dilemma ko before (like 2 months ago) The features are there for the City actually. But, subcompact. Kung nakapag testdrive ka na, the leg room is there, but for the elbow space, thats another story. I am a honda fan myself. Pero just for this one, I chose the Altis. I dont like the current Civic din kasi I'd envy you if you get the MT for the Altis Think wisely!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I'd go with the altis anytime. More car for your money than a city Please advise on choosing my first ever car (City 1.5 VX Navi CVT vs Altis 1.6 G MT) but for me i'd buy the Sylphy 1.8 cvt more value for your money.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    M/T Altis and hopefully it's not a lemon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

M/T Altis and hopefully it's not a lemon.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the bigger vehicle, safety should be number one priority.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. i own an altis 1.6G MT.
    based on need, i think the city fits him better.... its lighter and more fun to drive... naka cvt ka pa.. tapos ang route is USTe to commonwealth which is malufet ang traffic.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

hmmm. i own an altis 1.6G MT.
    based on need, i think the city fits him better.... its lighter and more fun to drive... naka cvt ka pa.. tapos ang route is USTe to commonwealth which is malufet ang traffic.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    I have the same dilemma with you. I will choose the corolla and buy it when i get home. Why not shell out 50k to get the Altis G CVT,if you want a CVT vehicle?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by danizthemenace View Post
    I have the same dilemma with you. I will choose the corolla and buy it when i get home. Why not shell out 50k to get the Altis G CVT,if you want a CVT vehicle?
    This would be a better suggestion. Go with the Altis G CVT, or get the Sylphy 1.8V (around the same price with the discounts).

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    i owned a City VX CVT

considered too the Altis kaso ayaw na mag extend ng budget ko for the CVT Altis that time maliit ang discount and hindi maganda deals offered ng toyota saken

since getting an MT is not an option, i ended up with City.

TS if ok lang sayo mag manual then get the G M/T pero sa traffic sa manila goodluck.

or dagdag ka budget get the Altis CVT

usual answers is subcompact vs compact.

still saan ka masaya yun ang kunin mo

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast