New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    As per inputs from other members here, the Lancer GLS (Cedia) of this age has higher FC than the Sentra N16 GS. Some say thay are happy to achieve 7 km/L on city driving conditions with the Lancer GLS Cedia. Not sure if its FC is related to its CVT tranny. With the Sentra GS (4AT), it averages between 7-8 km/L (city driving) as per observation from previous members of NissanBayan. Assuming both are used within the horrendous traffic conditions now, they might be fairly even in fuel cost expense as the Sentra N16 require 95RON fuel. Though both Lancer GLS and Sentra GS fare better in FC over the Lynx 4AT.

I'd go with the Altis among the choices but I may also consider a Civic ES (2001-2005) to be an alternative.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Matic lang ba choices mo, o pwedeng manual?

The City is extremely fuel efficient. The CVT has issues, but getting the manual should be nice. Maintenance cost is not the cheapest though.

The Sentra and Lancer both have rather lackluster FC, especially with the A/T variants. Though the Nissan may have the advantage of a good A/C system

The Altis has the highest resale value, so it is likely that you will be looking at the oldest of the bunch given the same fixed budget. But then it is fuel efficient, has good parts supply and is quite reliable as long as you change oil on time.

A wild card choice I'd suggest is an Adventure diesel. Gas mileage is similar to 1.6L sedans in terms of km/L, but at an advantage of P10/L less. Dimensions are similar to, if not shorter than, a typical compact sedan. Higher ride height means better visibility and less vulnerability when encountering floods. Short hood and no trunk means very easy to park, especially if you install a cheap backup mirror. 4D56 engine means parts are cheap and just about omnipresent.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Salamat sa opinio at input mo sir. I'm leaning towards Altis na sana eh nung makaita ko yung sa A/C eh nakuh problema yan....Sobrang init pa naman ang klima dito sa atin. Yun ba talaga problem ng Altis?

Additional questions ko sa lahat eh ang Honda Civic na 2002 or 2004, good choice din ba? Considering the age, pagawain na ba mga ganitong modelo? FC?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Additional questions ko sa lahat eh ang Honda Civic na 2002 or 2004, good choice din ba? Considering the age, pagawain na ba mga ganitong modelo? FC?[/QUOTE]

sa opinion ko, depende yan sa alaga ng kotse ng dating owner.
    but from my kakilala na may ganyang kotse, ay "pareho lang naman" daw sa ibang kotse..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 12th, 2013 at 05:31 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    How about Ford Lynx 2005 vs. Nissan Sentra 2005 - 2008? Alin ang mas malakas sa gasolina?

I found out na maganda din exterior design ng Lynx and few body kits and 17" tire eh sporty na ang dating. Not for racing naman but just to make it little bit mayabang ang dating. Isa pa eh medyo mababa ang price ng used nito and if I can get a 200K then additional 20 to 30k fully modified na cguro.

Ano po sa palagay nyong mga expert and owner of this car?

Salamat.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dwin071673 View Post
    How about Ford Lynx 2005 vs. Nissan Sentra 2005 - 2008? Alin ang mas malakas sa gasolina?

I found out na maganda din exterior design ng Lynx and few body kits and 17" tire eh sporty na ang dating. Not for racing naman but just to make it little bit mayabang ang dating. Isa pa eh medyo mababa ang price ng used nito and if I can get a 200K then additional 20 to 30k fully modified na cguro.

Ano po sa palagay nyong mga expert and owner of this car?

Salamat.
    Assuming that both are manual and in good condition, hindi naman nagkakalayo ang FC nila. Yun nga lang, the Sentra requires 95 RON gasoline, so mas mataas parin ang fuel costs.

Medyo upscale nga ang design ng Lynx. I'd say go for 3 step detailing for the paint job kapag hindi na ganun ka kintab. Then go for HID and yellow fog bulbs. 16 or 17" rims would be nice. Though with the 17s, the ride may get a bit bumpy.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    So FC is the same as Sentra. AT pa naman preferred kasi mostly wife ko ang gagamit.

Anyway regarding sa looks, maganda talaga pormahan ang lynx. Many nakita ko sa Sulit website, black sya at nilagyan ng wrap around body kit at 17 timres eh ganda ng porma...spoiler na nga lang kulang. So, I'm tempted to buy a lynx then modify a little bit kung sakaling di ako makakahanap ng murang Focus or Mazda 3.

Anybody know na nagbebenta ng Focus at Mazda3 within my budget (250k max lang), kahit manual pwede na cguro? Yung hindi naman flooded ha at yung alaga naman.

Salamat.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dwin071673 View Post
    So FC is the same as Sentra. AT pa naman preferred kasi mostly wife ko ang gagamit.

Anyway regarding sa looks, maganda talaga pormahan ang lynx. Many nakita ko sa Sulit website, black sya at nilagyan ng wrap around body kit at 17 timres eh ganda ng porma...spoiler na nga lang kulang. So, I'm tempted to buy a lynx then modify a little bit kung sakaling di ako makakahanap ng murang Focus or Mazda 3.

Anybody know na nagbebenta ng Focus at Mazda3 within my budget (250k max lang), kahit manual pwede na cguro? Yung hindi naman flooded ha at yung alaga naman.

Salamat.
    Kung matic, out na kaagad yung Lynx, since the matic Lynx drinks like a midsize sedan.

The bad thing about the Focus is that the 1.6 is underpowered. Mas mahina pa sa Lynx ang makina, tapos mas mabigat pa siya. 1.8 may have better punch pero matic only yun, AFAIK, at malakas sa gas.

Personally, with a 250k budget, what with the rainy season and bad roads, I'd go for a diesel Adventure instead.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12