New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ano kayang mas ok sa dalawa in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance. advisable pa bang kumuha ng matic na tranny sa ganitong second hand na model?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Altis wins over the Civic in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance. Malamang, mas matipid yung 1.6 ng Altis sa 1.8 ng Civic.

As long as the unit isn't abused, the transmission should be fine. I drive an '09 Altis and I haven't had any problems with its transmission, 42,000 KM on the odo.

Between the two though, I'd get a Civic 1.8S. 2009 was the year the facelifted FD Civic was launched, and I find that car to be really good-looking. I can live with the higher FC in exchange for the power that the 1.8L R18A engine offers. The transmission is also much more responsive, and handling is noticeably sharper. It also has more space for passengers, though this comes with the expense of having a tiny trunk.

Only major gripe with the Civic is the fact that it's got rock hard front seats.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Civic ka na lang... yan daw ang next na EK ;)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Masarap sumakay sa altis..very comfortable talaga..but I'll still Go with the FD because it's more fun to drive
    Last edited by Gecko Guy; June 29th, 2012 at 05:00 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Go for the FD bro! Sarap apakan ng acceleration. more power compared to altis 09. Kung ung stock facelifted fd vs late fd. Mas maganda ang facelifted fd. Pero kng with body kits/mods. Ibang usapan na. Hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With the criteria of maintenance and FC, i'd go with the Altis. Comfort of the Altis is also better.

If you value performance and driving feel more then the FD has that in the bag.

What would i get between the two given the condition are in similar condition, the FD most likely.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    hindi ba sobrang mahal ang maintenance ng FD compared sa altis? gusto ko lang kasi magkaroon ng idea?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Average PMS sa casa ng FD for regular pms = 4-5K
    Major pms (50klms..) = 10-12K
    Sa casa yan, if out ka na sa warranty then much cheaper sa labas...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire_xl View Post
    ano kayang mas ok sa dalawa in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance. advisable pa bang kumuha ng matic na tranny sa ganitong second hand na model?
    Boldface mine. It would have to be the Altis

The overall better car is the Civic, no question about that, but from the criteria you mentioned, the Altis wins.