New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    My take on this is that all these new pickups are great when they’re new. Bagong bago, so okay talaga.

But down the road, maybe after 4-5 years, you’ll see which ones are really okay. Especially if you plan on keeping it for the long term.

The Hilux is very much known and proven to be reliable as well as adequate to suit most people’s needs. It isn’t as bare bones as the previous gen, with lots of features in the E and G variants. It may not be a stellar performer according to some reviews but its above average in all respects.

Nissan is okay, and the power and suspension are great, but di pa rin ako bilib sa reliability nya. Our new navara had the notorious kabig issue and it was only fixed on the third try by casa when they had the bridgestone service center fix it.

Ranger is the top performer on paper but I’ve had friends complain about its reliability like the transmission and electronics. Nagpalit na din sila sa hilux/fortuner. But hey when it runs, it runs very well. Maselan lang sya sa electricals if you’re planning on upgrading lights and horn. Its ride is also very good considering leaf springs din sya almost on par with Navara in comfort.

Dont rely also on the specs on paper, kasi iba din once you drive it yourself.

Honestly though, if you’re going to sink 1M++ of your hard earned money test drive them all and go for what your gut feels tell you. Mahirap mag rely sa sinasabi ng iba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc21420 View Post
    Reliability is not the only metric, otherwise why not settle for a dump truck which is arguably more reliable than a pickup truck.k
    "parking issues."
    we think of this, when buying car.

ma-siraan ka ng dump truck.
    por-kilo ang salaping gagastusin...
    heh heh.
    joke.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 18th, 2020 at 01:47 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "parking issues."
    we think of this, when buying car.

ma-siraan ka ng dump truck.
    por-kilo ang salaping gagastusin...
    heh heh.
    joke.

Natawa ako doc. hahaha

4. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by hdj80 View Post
    My take on this is that all these new pickups are great when they’re new. Bagong bago, so okay talaga.

But down the road, maybe after 4-5 years, you’ll see which ones are really okay. Especially if you plan on keeping it for the long term.

The Hilux is very much known and proven to be reliable as well as adequate to suit most people’s needs. It isn’t as bare bones as the previous gen, with lots of features in the E and G variants. It may not be a stellar performer according to some reviews but its above average in all respects.

Nissan is okay, and the power and suspension are great, but di pa rin ako bilib sa reliability nya. Our new navara had the notorious kabig issue and it was only fixed on the third try by casa when they had the bridgestone service center fix it.

Ranger is the top performer on paper but I’ve had friends complain about its reliability like the transmission and electronics. Nagpalit na din sila sa hilux/fortuner. But hey when it runs, it runs very well. Maselan lang sya sa electricals if you’re planning on upgrading lights and horn. Its ride is also very good considering leaf springs din sya almost on par with Navara in comfort.

Dont rely also on the specs on paper, kasi iba din once you drive it yourself.

Honestly though, if you’re going to sink 1M++ of your hard earned money test drive them all and go for what your gut feels tell you. Mahirap mag rely sa sinasabi ng iba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for this insight sir.

And thank you everyone for your inputs. It's now down to Toyota Conquest 4x2 AT vs Nissan Navara 4x4 VL AT. I can go either way, the deciding factor would be the offer of the banks. And the discount from the dealership and freebies. Would the sales agent still get a commission if I go for the Banks' regular scheme instead of the dealerships partnership scheme with the bank?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dplgngr View Post

And thank you everyone for your inputs. It's now down to Toyota Conquest 4x2 AT vs Nissan Navara 4x4 VL AT. I can go either way, the deciding factor would be the offer of the banks. And the discount from the dealership and freebies. Would the sales agent still get a commission if I go for the Banks' regular scheme instead of the dealerships partnership scheme with the bank?
    Yes.. standard po yan. May commission na ibibigay si bank of your choice sa dealer

Go for toyota conquest.. blue

Isa pa toyota hilux hindi mukhang fortuner.. like the rest of the competition na same or almost same ang front fascia.. lalo na yung dmax at mux.. magkaMUXha talaga..
    Last edited by yapoy86; February 21st, 2020 at 12:38 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    4x2 lang ang Hikux Conquest? Puro aesthetic pala.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post

May 2.8 engine.. yun yata yung naka 4x4 with rear diff lock. Yung 2.4 engine 4x2

8. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post

Di ko naman gagamitin pang harabas. Mabigat din kunsomo ng 4x4

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Please share the discounts for both. we would love to know... I would get the VL just coz of the safety and comfort... I wouldnt drive it though. Masarap ang meron driver sa traffic.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Di ko naman gagamitin pang harabas. Mabigat din kunsomo ng 4x4

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk
    hinde naman ganon katakaw ung 4x4 kumpara sa 4x2 kung parehas sya magreact sa Previous-gen AU spec navara(D40) na same 2.5 engine
    Model City Hwy Combined
    NP300 2.3 190 HP 4x4 7AT 11.24 16.95 14.29 km/l
    NP300 2.3 190 HP 4x2 7AT 11.63 17.54 14.71 km/l
    D40 2.5 190 HP 4x4 5AT 9.35 13.89 11.76 km/l
    D40 2.5 190 HP 4x2 5AT 9.43 14.29 12.04 km/l
    well atleast kung pagbabasihan ung Test cycle results nila (ADR city:19kph average ADR hwy:120kph peak 63 kph avg)
    Green Vehicle Guide Home
    converted from l/100km figures

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast