New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    napagkasunduan namin na Revo 2002 SR ang bibilhin 1.8 efi A/T.... okay ba to when it comes to kunyari akyat ng baguio tapos pasahero 8! tapos puno pa ng gamit..... di kaya magsalita na makina namin at murahin kami nito???

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    420k nga pala to mga bossing!!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by merdenoms View Post
    napagkasunduan namin na Revo 2002 SR ang bibilhin 1.8 efi A/T.... okay ba to when it comes to kunyari akyat ng baguio tapos pasahero 8! tapos puno pa ng gamit..... di kaya magsalita na makina namin at murahin kami nito???
    Malamang patay aircon na yan. Hintayin natin reply ng mga may Revo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok naman sa Baguio ang REVO. Iyan ang gamit namin dati (kasi company car pwede iwan kahit saan). Dun sa mga steep na akyatan sa city walang problema. Yes, maingay pero hindi naman gumagapang or parang sumasabog.

Hindi ko siya na-drive paakyat kasi MB100 dala namin papuntang Baguio.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    buhayin ko lang tong thread na toh...

i have a friend budget is 800k max... looking for a 2nd hand diesel suv, local a/t

most probably lumabas na mga sakit ng mga suv na cinocompare sa thread...
    pajero FM 4m40,
    Patrol y61 zd30,
    isuzu trooper skyroof 4jx1 (change ko yung bighorn as my friend requires a local unit)

maintenance wise (parts availability) alin ang pinaka less headache? hindi siya gaano particular sa comfort,speed,features etc

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post

i have a friend budget is 800k max... looking for a 2nd hand diesel suv, local a/t

pajero FM 4m40,
    Patrol y61 zd30,
    isuzu trooper skyroof 4jx1 (change ko yung bighorn as my friend requires a local unit)

maintenance wise (parts availability) alin ang pinaka less headache? hindi siya gaano particular sa comfort,speed,features etc
    Personally, dun ako sa Trooper, since we do have one. It is the fastest among the three, has the most toys and is very comfortable, durable and efficient, BUT the engine is very maselan with the motor oil (requires Besco 5W30/10W30 ONLY) and the injectors are a pain (Isuzu replaces them for free though) and the beige interior is not easy to clean. Other parts are not expensive though, as expected from an Isuzu vehicle. Take this only if your friend is VERY maingat and caring towards his car, if he is the Trooper will serve him well. Also, if he will be able to get one of the few 2000 Trooper 4x4's out there (quite rare), it is very capable off road. Though the 4x2 should do fine in most conditions (say around mild to moderate off roading) due to the presence of a limited slip differential, high ground clearance and a very good chassis.

The Patrol is big. Too big for the engine which makes it very sluggish. Very capable off road though and will last a lifetime. But I find it too big for our roads and the interior doesn't seem to be as big as the exterior suggests.

The Pajero Fieldmaster is the least among the three for me. It has a very, very good resale value due to the prestigious nameplate. Its mighty durable too, as proven by the number of Fieldmasters still on the road, and the 4WD versions are very capable off road as well. But its rather cramped inside and the engine is notorious for being weak, in fact it is the weakest among the three, and gives poor fuel mileage.

Aside from these I also suggest you to look for the Ford Everest. It may be one class below, but it is newer, has all the requirements of a good offroader, is very quick and fuel efficient, and is very spacious inside. The ride is rather harsh though, due to the rear leaf spring suspension.
    Last edited by GTi; March 9th, 2011 at 02:25 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post

pajero FM 4m40,
    Patrol y61 zd30,

If its maintenance wise and parts availability, less headache ka sa Pajero. Masilan yung trooper although the best engine siya among the three. 2nd comes the power of the Patrol, pero mahal piyesa ng Nissan dito sa amin, ewan lang dyan sa lugar niyo. Better check na lang with local auto shop.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Personally, dun ako sa Trooper, since we do have one. It is the fastest among the three, has the most toys and is very comfortable, durable and efficient, BUT the engine is very maselan with the motor oil (requires Besco 5W30/10W30 ONLY) and the injectors are a pain (Isuzu replaces them for free though) and the beige interior is not easy to clean. Other parts are not expensive though, as expected from an Isuzu vehicle. Take this only if your friend is VERY maingat and caring towards his car, if he is the Trooper will serve him well. Also, if he will be able to get one of the few 2000 Trooper 4x4's out there (quite rare), it is very capable off road. Though the 4x2 should do fine in most conditions (say around mild to moderate off roading) due to the presence of a limited slip differential, high ground clearance and a very good chassis.

The Patrol is big. Too big for the engine which makes it very sluggish. Very capable off road though and will last a lifetime. But I find it too big for our roads and the interior doesn't seem to be as big as the exterior suggests.

The Pajero Fieldmaster is the least among the three for me. It has a very, very good resale value due to the prestigious nameplate. Its mighty durable too, as proven by the number of Fieldmasters still on the road, and the 4WD versions are very capable off road as well. But its rather cramped inside and the engine is notorious for being weak, in fact it is the weakest among the three, and gives poor fuel mileage.

Aside from these I also suggest you to look for the Ford Everest. It may be one class below, but it is newer, has all the requirements of a good offroader, is very quick and fuel efficient, and is very spacious inside. The ride is rather harsh though, due to the rear leaf spring suspension.
    thanks sir for the reply... yung injector issue ba ng 4jx1 kapag napalitan na eh bumabalik balik pa rin? assuming ganun nga, even until now free pa rin ang replacement sir?

i agree with ry_tower na pinaka madali i-maintain ang FM, this is my current daily drive... maybe because hindi pa hi-tech so to speak ang 4m40 unlike the trooper and patrol na may ECU na.

pero ganda rin kasi ng patrol and trooper kaya ayaw ko rin maging bias hahaha. we'll check also everest as noted by sir gti

9. Join Date
    May 2013
    Buy a Patrol then replace with an Isuzu engine since they are very reliable. I have a Patrol, it is a bit sluggish so if you do get one I suggest getting DPCHIP and some performance mods you can find from Patrol4x4.com .

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MDonato View Post
    Buy a Patrol then replace with an Isuzu engine since they are very reliable. I have a Patrol, it is a bit sluggish so if you do get one I suggest getting DPCHIP and some performance mods you can find from Patrol4x4.com .
    Heto pinaka-magaling na advice aside from boss GTi's hehe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Pajero VS Patrol VS SaFari VS Bighorn