New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    When kaya ang production date ng mga Pajero FMs on display sa mga dealers? 2003 pa kaya? Won't anything go wrong for a car stocked that long?
    ang alam ko po sir nag gagawa naman ng mga fieldmaster. sa cainta nalang ata sila ginagawa kung d ako nagkakamali. double check ko din bukas para sure kung overall fortuner vs fieldmaster sa fortuner nalang ako mas mura, 4wd, stronger engine. realiability lang talga ng crdi ang medyo suspect kasi d pa sila proven.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    If Mitsubishi is saving money. Why can't they just release the Gen 2 in Australia again. This time, it will be fitted with a Solid Front Axle and no fancy interiors to compete with LC70.

Dito naman sa atin, why cant they lower the price tag? Its outragious! They should've put a stick shift in it kahit Easy Select man lang tapos LSD and sell it for 1.2M.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Pajero is indeed overpriced, but amongst the three choices, it's the most comfortable and luxurious. The interior is a bit old-fashioned, but the materials used are better feeling than the plasticky interiors of the Fortuner and Everest.

The Pajero's seats are well-shaped, and the suspension is quite supple compared to the harsh and bouncy Fortuner or the stiff-legged Everest. It has a three-mode adjustable suspension (correct me if they've removed it already) which allows you to either firm up or loosen the dampers (I prefer them on the firm setting). Handling is nowhere near as good as the Fort or the Ev, but it's reasonably secure.

It's not as fast as either car, nor does it have CRDi, but the 4x2 Pajero is quick enough... the turbocharged engine has decent mid-range torque, and it's a breeze to drive on the highway. The Power ECT helps when driving up hills or aggressively, but otherwise, the normal mode is fine.

It's a great vehicle... but it's almost ten years out of date... and about 500k pesos too expensive.

----

If you don't mind looking at "crossovers", you can check out the Santa Fe. Very comfortable vehicle, and the interior is much better than the pick-up based seven seaters (the Fort and Ev), and much more modern than the Pajero's. It's very handsome, too... looking a lot like Audi's new Q7, at a fraction of the price. It rides well and is easy to drive.

Other "SUVs" in your budget are the Outlander (really faaaaast. But probably not your mom's cup of tea), the Captiva (so-so drive, but it looks great and the engine and tranny are decent) and the Sorento (don't like the ride... third row is a joke... but the engine is brilliant.)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hindi kaya grabe ang depreciation ng Fieldmaster pajero once 2nd hand after 1 or 2 yrs? e pano yung gen3 nga luma na with the newer gen3.5 pajero...

kumbaga sobrang iwan na sa panahon

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Syempre sa FORTUNER na ako sa papogihan sa FORTUNER na

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nasa Fortuner ang boto ko. may FM yung tito ko at hindi ako natutuwa sa engine performance nya (ang hina umarangkada). Ang gusto ko lang sa Everest ay yung makina (dahil malakas). Ang Fortuner naman kahit saan mo dalahin, may dating talaga. Mas mura pa ng 200k sa FM. Malakas din ang makina ng Fortuner at 4WD pa. Para saken hindi naman matagtag ang Fortuner kasi nakasakay na rin ako dun. Hindi mo masasabing di maganda ang Fortuner kasi ang dami paring bumibili. Kaya sa tatlo, talagang FORTUNER ang pinaka ok para saken.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I agree with the majority, the pajero is bit expensive for what it offers as standard, and its already a decade old design, but parts are abound because of this. Both fortuner and everest are pick-up based so both have interiors shared from their pick-up siblings, but has better engines than the pajero. I was in the same dilemma before. I f I were to choose from your choices I would pick the Fortuner, I dont like the everest's looks(no offense to everest owners, its just me, although I own a ranger pinatubo ed).

Why dont you look at the Santa fe, Its very spacious, the cabin is as big as the pajero if not bigger, and very comfortable! If you are after the brand then its not for you...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Or you could stretch your bugdet a little bit more and get a BNEW Gen 4 Pajero or a 2nd hand Gen 3.
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    I may be biased towards the pajero but i won't recommend spending 1.8M on a vehicle which was first launched abroad in 1992! that's outrageous!
    Agreed. 1.8M is too much.

though I'm not happy with it's Power, still Pajero FM ang boto ko sa tatlo.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    The Pajero has always been known for comfort and has more features than the Fort. Sensors here and there, digital compass, the works! The let down has always been the sticker price and cost of maintaining it that is why it has been reserved for the "super select few".

In my opinion, you get what you pay for in a Pajero.

The Fort is the current "fad" in the Toyota line-up and yes, it is notorious for its stiff ride since it's on a pick-up platform. Price is acceptable to most that's why you got Fort Clubs popping here and there. My wife and I are contemplating on a 2.7vvT-i but then after we test drove it for a third time (yes, it takes a lot of test driving to convince us ) the other week, we just can't get over the cheap feel of the interior plastics. It seems to be easily prone to scratches.

Sorta reminds me of the "lawanit" sidings found in the current Hi-Ace .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
PAJERO vs. FORTUNER, EVEREST,etc.