May 2004
    Personally I'd go for the Vios

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    safe choice would be the vios.

big isnt always means better

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    me nagbebenta na ba ng replacement parts for the optra dito? kung laging sa casa ka magpapagawa...it can get very expensive

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vios. This is a second hand car and you wouldn't go wrong with toyotas reliability.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As to fuel economy, I think the 1.3L Vios can go 12 Km/L and up, while my friend's Optra, on mostly city driving is at best 6.5 Km/L. What years are the "older" model Optras?

If the "newer" model Optras get much better fuel consumption, there is the issue about parts availability.

I'd go with the smaller Vios, unless you need the space.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would go for the vios, if the items to be considered are durability, fuel efficiency, parts availability and resale value.

but if your priority is space and power, then its the optra.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Pwede din ipa ECU reprogram sa Chevy yung mga older Optra at no cost.
    ECU reprograming of the Optra cost me 3-4K its not free and only 2-3 chevy dealers can do this. even after i reprogrammed my Optra, it only improved around .5km/L.

The 1.6L Optra is underpowered. i think the 1.8L is the unit with better engine if you want power. I think the 2nd gen optras are the ones with the new one piece grill. which came out in 2005 i think.
    Why not consider the Toyota Avanza if you need space? diba. or a Innova diesel.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i prefer the Vios. though im impressed by the interior of the Optra. also, it has this aplomb over bumps that is better than the Vios. Overall, the Optra isnt that very bad car. It's actually decent with just not-so-decent fuel consumption. But features and appointments are A-1. i just like the Vios better cos i like fuel efficient, agile, light on its feet type of cars. Plus, the Toyota badge, parts and resale are a good consolation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
OPTRA vs VIOS