New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    bro,macky taga-CSP ka nga rin pala no? kaw rin ba yung may-ari ng ESTEEM na blue? I like your esteem, simple pero rock!

chairman ng CSP, si sir.Jayson, APV gamit nun with an air intake mod (simota ata yun o K and N? not sure about it), Saw the picture of the top speed of his apv, pwedeng-pwede na rin,
    Yup, I have a blue Esteem and kay misis naman yung brown APV. Both these cars utilizes Suzuki's G16 engines, distributor-less nga lang yung sa APV. Yung SX4 is outfitted locally with an M16A engine na may variable valve timing na. M16A engine ang kalimitang engine ng Swift sa ibang bansa. M14A lang engine ng Swift dito sa atin.

May nag-comment din dito ng weak engine daw ang APV. Kaya panay talaga ang advise to na mag-test drive. I was actually surprised sa seat of the pants feel ng APV. Of course, this was mainly due to the APV's mid-engine/RWD configuration.

May Youtube video din yung isang APV forumer dun. Kaya pala matulin, naka-turbo hehehe.

Actually, baka ma-kick out na ako sa CSP since sinasabi ko din kasi pati negative ownership experience ko sa Suzuki. Wala kasing nagsabi sa akin dati ng mga yun kaya I make it a point na aware naman kahit papaano yung mga susunod pang magre-research ng Suzuki vehicles.

true, weak talaga engine ng apv.. pero coupled with a short-geared MT, maganda ang acceleration din.... dont know ang AT...

wala namang perfectong sasakyan... lesser evil lang...parang politiko..

the suzukis i have most knowledge are jimny, vitara(gen.1) and those multicabs...

mostly suzuki here are parang underrated loved by mostly utilitarian persons na wala paki sa specs or form..basta gets the job done, at cheap to maintain, ok yun..

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    ..... M16A engine ang kalimitang engine ng Swift sa ibang bansa. M14A lang engine ng Swift dito sa atin.

locally, unang swift have M16A with vvt, now found sa sx4.... dati sx4 non vvt.

new swift has that K14A... engine is from india daw, not japan... but cbu japan parin daw ang new swift.

another thing nagustuhan ko sa sx4-- they say na CBU japan ang units natin... same as the maruti units in india.

APV is from india.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The engine is weak on paper, but if I recall right, it dynos around 80+whp... the same as "100+ hp" 1.5s on the same dyno... and rather high for a rear-drive engine with "only 90 hp".

Obviously, it's not the fastest car out there, and the 1.5 Avanza feels more spritely... but the APV has a good amount of torque and has nice, short gearing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The engine is weak on paper, but if I recall right, it dynos around 80+whp... the same as "100+ hp" 1.5s on the same dyno... and rather high for a rear-drive engine with "only 90 hp".

Obviously, it's not the fastest car out there, and the 1.5 Avanza feels more spritely... but the APV has a good amount of torque and has nice, short gearing.
    so sir niky, maliit lang ang power loss sa drive train despite rwd siya,diba..mas efficient ang power transfer? or di lang overrated...

sa everyday driving, mas mahalaga ang torque than HP.. (sa nakakaalam-- ung local b16 dohc vtec...high revving nga, nasa high range naman ang usable torque...)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats on your new APV!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
which one is worth spending my (max of) 100t and 25t/mo. for 5 years?