New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    *thread starter, na test drive mo na ba both cars? If not test drive mo muna. After mo ma test baka mag fall ka for either car.

Both of them have ok reviews.

I think fuel consumption-wise, the lancer is better than the subie. I get around 7.5km / L. You did not mention fuel consumption as a factor though so I guess this doesn't matter.

For questions 1 and 3 I agree with Niky. As for looks I really think that the lancer looks better (angry look). For 4, not sure what to say here.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meateater View Post
    *thread starter, na test drive mo na ba both cars? If not test drive mo muna. After mo ma test baka mag fall ka for either car.

Both of them have ok reviews.

I think fuel consumption-wise, the lancer is better than the subie. I get around 7.5km / L. You did not mention fuel consumption as a factor though so I guess this doesn't matter.

For questions 1 and 3 I agree with Niky. As for looks I really think that the lancer looks better (angry look). For 4, not sure what to say here.
    Thanks...actually I own a Subaru Forester 2009....and veryyyy happy with the performance...

The reason why im asking is that my wife planning to change her honda to another car and our neighbor bought a Lancer ex GLS which he's telling to us that the Impresa is no match with his lancer mx gls....so i decided to asked your opinions...

sa lahat po...

Maraming TY....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [SIZE=5]Correction again ...its Lancer ex GLS....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]and by the way my FC on my forester is about 7 kms per liter and as far as i know they have same engine with impresa 2.0r...[/SIZE]

impreza 2.0R MT has a high and low range final ratio..they also claim that their ATs are made by PRODRIVE...

mitsu ATs are not ATs but CVTs.

me...as stated above, i'll go for 2.0RMT

for 1.06M, sa dami ng technology inside(may traction control, cruise control) plus it is CBU-JAPAN...

un lang 2.0R MT is avail only in hatch... impreza sedan comes only in 4AT form..

well as for observation, hello, 2.0 liters yan, so 7-9 is a common thing, and 10-12 is a rare sight. but going below 6km/l on a modern 2.0 is now inefficient.

since may forester ka na pala, why not stick to the impreza?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    So far...

Performance: The Evolution X has a little advantage over the impreza in terms of handling and grip. So are the evo engines have more bhp and torque than the impreza. But both are quick: 0-100 in under 5sec.
    Looks: The Impreza wrx sti is definitely more "agressive" and noisy while the evo X is subtle. Just like Rambo for the impreza and James Bond for the evo.
    Durability: As for now, I haven't heard or read about lemons with Subaru. Mitsu? Well, it had a reputation of overheating in the first 3 years and gearbox failures within 6 years. Maybe they already solved that problems.
    Reliability: I think it goes hand in hand with the durability factor. But, in rallys, Subaru is a consistent "trouble-free" contender while Mitsubishi, Toyota and Citroen had their shares of mechanical and engine problems.

Ford focus rs or volkswagen gti are worth to check.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's great if we're talking about the Evo and WRX, but we're not...

Quote Originally Posted by dpo kenneth View Post
    Thanks...actually I own a Subaru Forester 2009....and veryyyy happy with the performance...

The reason why im asking is that my wife planning to change her honda to another car and our neighbor bought a Lancer ex GLS which he's telling to us that the Impresa is no match with his lancer mx gls....so i decided to asked your opinions...

sa lahat po...

Maraming TY....
    Hamunin mo... buy a 2.0R MT, and challenge him to a parking lot drift... I've tried both... one will (obviously) but the other won't. And with the puny 16" wheels on the MX, it'll start to understeer really badly if you try.

To each their own... the Lancer is a more practical car, but the Subie has a nicer interior and better driving dynamics.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    both have rallye heritage but its subaru who offers more of a rallye car experience/security under most driving condtions and with the addtion of superior driver/pansenger/pedestrian safety . AWD, boxer engine on all of its models. Low range transfer case on the M/T.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That's great if we're talking about the Evo and WRX, but we're not...

Hamunin mo... buy a 2.0R MT, and challenge him to a parking lot drift... I've tried both... one will (obviously) but the other won't. And with the puny 16" wheels on the MX, it'll start to understeer really badly if you try.

To each their own... the Lancer is a more practical car, but the Subie has a nicer interior and better driving dynamics.

Hahaha. Natawa ako dito. Puwede din bumili ka ng WRX, palitan mo ng FMIC at swap ka ng hood tas si misis pa ang ipa drive mo.

Bakit di na lang Forester o WRX ang ikuha mo kay misis? Baka sabihin nagdi discriminate ka! hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Hahaha. Natawa ako dito. Puwede din bumili ka ng WRX, palitan mo ng FMIC at swap ka ng hood tas si misis pa ang ipa drive mo.

Bakit di na lang Forester o WRX ang ikuha mo kay misis? Baka sabihin nagdi discriminate ka! hehehe.
    I loooove the sleeper look...

300+ hp STi with a stock Impreza hood, blacked-out FMIC and rear wing deleted... change the mags for smaller ones, too...

Would sure shock a lot of people on the highway...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mahahalata kung STi kasi may flare yung sa wheel arch ... WRX lang. Puwede din 07 Forester na gawin mo mukhang Revo ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Which one will you prefer Lancer EX GLS 2008 or Subaru 2008 Impresa 2.0R