New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Niky - nice review dre. wow ganda ng pics.. sana ni hiram mo stocks mags ko or yong RS ko na lang nakasama sa pics ;)

well... nice article!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing View Post
    OT: old school na pala yung RS?
    Its old. Its based on the Mazda Familia(BJ) aka USDM Protege, which was launched in Japan back in June 1998 for the 1999 model year. This makes the car 8 years old!

The current gen Lancer(9th gen) on the other hand was first introduced in Japan in 2000.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *NSL: medyo instant lang, eh... if I'd had more time, I could have brought my stock mags out and brought my bro for more pics, pero we were really there to see the Strada, eh... bonus lang ito.

RE: Protege/Familia - yup, the last generation platform dates from 1998, but it's an evolutionary development only of the second generation Familia (what we know as the 323). 2001 saw the introduction of the 142 hp Protege MP3 in the US, and the Lynx RS is loosely based on that one, minus some ridiculous extraneous sound equipment (subwoofer) and those 17" Racing Hart wheels and grippy tires. But as many a Lynx RS owner can tell you, it's faster with the local 16" rims, and the tires you can buy...

Would that it were based on the 170 hp Japanese version, but heck, we're lucky it came here at all. The Japanese version was very limited, and it's hard to even find proof that it actually existed at all.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i really like the Lynx...

too bad Ford didnt bring the Protege5 mini wagon here...

its the best looking sports compact wagon IMO.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Tingin ko out of topic pero may bagong lancer lalabas sa early 2007 US mauuna tpos 6 months later bago sa japan. "mauuna US bago Japan" kailan siguro lalabas sa pilipinas? 2008 or 2009?? wahahahha

note: LANCER not EVO

Spyshot lng po

KGP

KGP

EVOX

laki ng similarities db
    comment?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The next-generation Lancer seems like it's going to be one size class up on the old Lancer. It looks a lot like the "shark-nosed" Galant, and it will probably be just as big as the older Galant model.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Addendum: By the way... although this is probably selling as slowly as molasses (the Lancer, I mean), I actually saw a Lancer GT on the road the other day.

Didn't race him, though...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    if only mitsu would put in a manual tranny.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    if only mitsu would put in a manual tranny.
    Amen to that!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bkit kasi naisipan nilang A/T eh. Sayang power ng 4G63DOHC hehe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Old School: Lancer 2.0 GT versus Lynx RS 2.0