New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haha... would have been happier if the Lancer GT had proved to have more oomph.

Hmmm... Lancer 2.0 GT plus turbo kit kaya? 250+ hp on a stock block...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

reading on the brocheu...err, basta.....its 135hp...same as on the 6thgen GTI! but iniba lang ung cover.....so old school car na talaga mated to a mid-aged invecs2-SM...sana invecsIII-cvt nalang!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Problem is, the CVT is mated to the 1.8 engine, a 4G93, I think, and isn't built to take the torque of the 4G63. What little there is left in this emasculated version, that is...

OT: old school na pala yung RS?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    kung old school na yung RS, then old school na talaga yung EK Civic ko. huhuhu

baka mahina talaga gawa ng cvts din ng mitsu, just like hondas..up to 1.8L lang.... ang nissang murano 3.5L v6, cvt???

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing View Post
    OT: old school na pala yung RS?
    Considering the MP3 / Familia Sport it's based on dates back to 2001, and the fact that some Honda boys have told me (mistakenly) that it has the rear suspension of a Laser (yup, the 1980-something Laser... ), yeah, it's old school.

There's charm in being old school. Both the Lancer and the Lynx possess the classic three-box sedan shape, unlike the bulbous Corolla, the mouse-shaped (computer mouse, that is ) Civic or the heavy Mazda3/Focus twins. The Sentra doesn't count, because I couldn't get one. ... neither has electronic throttles, electric power steering or any of that crap. Though they both have ABS, EBD and direct ignition and injection, they're the closest to old school sport compacts you can still buy brand new today...

Unless, that is, somebody finds a cache of Honda SiRs that have been sitting in a storeroom in the Honda plant all this time and decides to sell them. Daming papatol dun.

---

RE: EK Civic... ayaw mo nun? Classic na siya!
    Last edited by niky; October 23rd, 2006 at 07:28 PM.

re: old school...

hehe oldschool na pala ang ek...naku does that mean mas old-school na pala 89 maxima ko!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Nissan CVT: they use a heavier chain driven CVT system. Their problem is actually the opposite of Mitsubishi's and Honda's... they've only recently reduced its size to fit smaller engines.

They've been using a CVT on their 300hp Gloria (not sure, think this is the one) since the 90's.

You can trust Nissan to over-engineer everything... super strong blocks (last longer than transmission)... chain-drive cams (last longer than engine), chain-drive CVT (last longer than Hondas?)...

cant comment enough sa nissan, 15 years and still strong, 130K pa lang,e!

anywayz, as i review the price quotes: overpriced nga ang GT vs RS! sa RS-CE or RS, in black ako!

di bale nalang walang dvd, mas useful pa rin ang stick, multi-lights and sunroof for me!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Old School: Lancer 2.0 GT versus Lynx RS 2.0