New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Some of the guys are correct: you just know where to look for the parts. Go to Carabelle in Maceda St. cor Espana inside the Ramcar compound beside Mercury Drug. And yes, the ignition-high tension wires are a real pain in the ass!

But I've been a Polo owner for 11 years now and I still find its quirkiness rather amusing. And the ride is buttery smooth you'd be wondering how VW did it with such a short wheelbase. Call me crazy but if someone offered me another Polo (in good condition) I'd buy it in a moment's notice. Or trade up with my Honda Super4. Hint hint...

The prices are more expensive than regular jap sedans but not by much. And the engine is tough! Prob areas to watch out for: transmission bushings, vacuum system for the door locks (I took it out to spare me the trouble of buying a new one for 15 grand) weak headlights, and power window cable blues. Dami sira di ba? Lemon car, really... Only if you don't know a thing about it. Just like other second hand 10 year-old cars.

But it's damn fast for a small car (just don't race an SiR), good fuel economy, smooth controls, tight steering feel, fighter-style euro cockpit, real rear foglights as standard, and would definitely get girls riding with you just waiting to ask you all sorts of questions about your mini-euro car that looks like a Toyota Corona from the rear and a Kia Pride from the front. Hehehe!

So guys warm up to this cheap, quirky and pain-in-the-ass cute box!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    visit http://vwpolo.275mb.com/about.html

you'll get to knw more about polo classic here..

btw, the last motorshow held in mall of asia, one polo classic was displayed.

lemme see if i could attach these cool pics.

have fun reading!!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quick answer: NO.

Here's the long answer: http://www.motioncars.com/drives/12....01/content.htm

Stay very far away from things you don't understand. And in general as a first car on a budget, European cars are a bad idea (expensive maintenance, difficult-to-find parts...)

While it's true you can go to "carabelle" etc. that's just one store. So you have no options, it's either the casa or carabelle. Nothing else. And the Polo Classic isn't one of the popular VW's (it's not a VW). So parts would be even harder to find.

I don't understand all the hype about the "Audi" engine etc. It's a Seat Ibiza!

It's not an accident that the Polo Classic has such wretched resale value.

The OP should just buy a Toyota. Sure they're everywhere and look like taxis. But better that, than something that "doesn't look like a taxi" but will milk you dry when repair time comes.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    and, I might add, a Polo Classic is hardly prestigious. This ain't no BMW.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Polo ain't bad. But just like a lot of quirky cars (e.g. Zuks, Volvos, etc.), it's not for everyone.

If you're not really into cars, get something more vanilla like a Toyota or Honda.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Although mura ang Polo, mahal at mahirap maghanap ng parts. My bother in law has one and since malapit ako sa mga VW autoshops in Maceda and Araneta, I normally buy parts for him. Medyo mahal talaga ang parts ng Polo (example: P3,800 per piece Shocks, and P800 for 1 fan belt). And, mahirap maghanap ng marunong gumawa ng Polo (yung hindi nanghuhula).

Kung first car, suggestion ko wag Polo. Charade or Pride CD-5 kaya? Meron pa siyang extrang pang-hilamos.
    Last edited by Hibiki; December 17th, 2007 at 10:54 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Text me lang mga Sirs at 09177448113 if you need parts for your Polo Classis and other European Car Parts.

Thanks.

Jay C.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The Polo ain't bad. But just like a lot of quirky cars (e.g. Zuks, Volvos, etc.), it's not for everyone.

If you're not really into cars, get something more vanilla like a Toyota or Honda.
    I AGREE.

Not only do I own a Polo, I own a lifted Zuk Sammy SWB as well. Outrageously quirky indeed! And yes I do get a lot of stares and gawks for both cars. People wondering why the hell do I bother to drive these vehicles. That's the point! Nobody wants them... but I do hehehe!

Anyway, yes the Polo is not your average 1st car. But I maintain my position that its maintenance is not far off from other similar Jap cars. Case in point: buy a 96 Toyota Corolla GLi for lets say an advertised price of 160-180k. A same-year Polo would fetch around 100-120k. Replace the 4 shocks (gas type) of both cars: 3,800/pc for the Polo and around maybe 2,300/pc for the Corolla. Polo 3,800x4= 15,200p while the Corolla 2,300x4= 9,200p. That's a difference of... 6,000p. Whew! Mahal nga ng parts! BUT...

The Corolla costs 40k more than the polo at purchase. Plus the Corolla guzzles more gas than the Polo. Anyway guys, this is just a simple case scenario but it gives you an idea. Oh well to each his/her own...

Merry Christmas to everyone!!! :choir::santas:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
OK ba ang VW Polo Classic?