New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Re: Fuel efficiency

Maybe defined as the "the farthest distance you can achieved consuming the least amount of fuel".
    In this case, its the territory of the subcompacts--small engine in a small and light cabin. Good for a daily driven car with 1-2 passengers.

But fuel efficiency can also be seen in relative terms depending on the vehicle classification. For the size and comfort, fuel consumption will now be judged as what is "acceptable" to the user.

For example, a Starex van consuming 10 km/L with 12 persons on board will be much more efficient on a long drive than using 3 Picantos on a convoy each with 4 people onboard.

Re: 200K Expedition
    Depende kon patulan mo bro...Nasa sa yo na lang yon.
    But the thing is, baka mag-mukhang museum piece yan to garahe mo. Mahal kon dekorasyon at bragging rights lang....unless that vehicle is involved prominently in the annals of history......

Ika nga, not "just because its on sale, you will necessarily need it"...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    What I know is you look at the engine displacement....if you are going to use your car for everyday driving then I would suggest a 1.3cc car...but if you got a little extra budget for your ride then a 1.6cc sedan is the best option...good luck with your purchase.
    imho, these times, even an 800 cc car (Cherry QQ) and a 1.1 cc car (Getz/Spark) will work for daily driving.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if i have to choose... 2nd hand market na ko basta hindi laspag yung oto. medyo mataas na din mga brand new cars today eh.

with the fuel efficiency, if your going for city driving and you have another car for out of towns, getz or spark nga oks na ok.

pero if this will be your only car, then at least 1.3 yung kunin mo. ive seen a 1.1 getz crawling up to baguio... and to think 3 persons plus cargo lang sila. nakakaawa yung oto.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    What I know is you look at the engine displacement....if you are going to use your car for everyday driving then I would suggest a 1.3cc car...but if you got a little extra budget for your ride then a 1.6cc sedan is the best option...good luck with your purchase.
    I'm planning to buy a family car, what is the suggested car that is fuel efficient. Is innova or rav4 better choice? or is there any other car better than I mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Lots of cars are better... but smaller. :hysterical:

In the size range, amongst small SUVs, the old RAV4 is the best. Amongst AUVs, the Innova and Crosswind are about the same in terms of fuel economy, the Innova is more refined, but the Crosswind has a robust and simple engine.
    Last edited by niky; July 13th, 2008 at 10:09 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Fuel efficient cars on my list:

Honda Accord VTi AT 96
    Honda City LXi AT (SX8 body) 02
    Honda Civic LXi (ES) 02
    Honda CRV AT gen1 00
    Hyundai Getz 06
    Hyundai Starex TCi/CRDi AT 04
    Kia Picanto 04
    Kia Pride 96
    Mitsubishi Adventure Dsl 98
    Mazda3 1.6S AT 05
    Mercedes Benz MB100 96
    Nissan Sentra Series III EX Saloon/Super Saloon MT 97
    Toyota Camry 2.0E AT 04
    Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6J MT 05
    Toyota Innova Dsl MT 05
    Toyota Vios 1.3E 06

na drive ko before at na-experience kong matipid sa gas.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sir, bakit wala ang honda city CVT 1.3 sa listahan? hindi nyo pa ba ito na drive?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
nowadays, brand new or 2nd-hand car to buy