New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If the ESi is 93-94 model forget it, get the Sentra. The B14 body is 95 model at its oldest. The newer ones are 97 model. If the ESi is a top cond 95 model vs a 95 top cond SS S3, then i might go ESi for the reason that it has better suspension (double wishbone all around vs strut front beam axle rear). But if a 95 model ESi vs a newer Sentra, be no-brainer get the newer model, assuming its both top cond. Also, the Sentra has a nice upright sitting unlike the close to floor sitting in those early model Hondas, nice aircon, engine that has timing chain, nice amenities such as power folding mirrors, antenna etc.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Not the ESI. Go for Sentra or Civic EK models

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I had the same dilemma last year when I bought my first car... I really think it boils down to what you really want... I bought a 93 esi with a d15b vtec engine over a 98( or was it a 99?) model sentra ... Rusting here in there, is really the problem of the esi... However, when it comes to engine performance I was never disappointed (di ako bitin at kaya makipag sabayan sa karamihan)... At the same time, I really like the way the esi looked, konting lowering lang and other minor accessories, gwapong gwapo na... Just my two cents...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan Sup saloon s3 or honda civic esi?