New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i absolutely love the HOLD button :D

what defect in particular paps? shift shock? or the dreaded erratic idling? dami causes ng erratic idling, my car self-healed..go figure. .hehehe

fyi. .kia pasay is PTP's highly recommended casa. .sila nakasolve ng most if not all of PTP's car related problems
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by key7wizard4
    Tnx bro,though there's a lot of Sentra & 323 available i'm still looking for some output so i can figure it out,they say Mazda's engine is so powerful the only thing worry about was the defect i have to face in the future w/c some says that cannot be cured.....
    need not to worry that much. you can always get M/T. as convenient as the A/T could be, the M/T is always fun to drive. the upside is that you could utilize that torque and squeeze out the potentials of the engine. another one is, you can control your fuel consumption with M/T. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5
    i absolutely love the HOLD button :D

what defect in particular paps? shift shock? or the dreaded erratic idling? dami causes ng erratic idling, my car self-healed..go figure. .hehehe

fyi. .kia pasay is PTP's highly recommended casa. .sila nakasolve ng most if not all of PTP's car related problems
    so Bro do u think i would go for Sentra?to you guys who owns a Sentra ano nman ang mahirap na sira na na-encounter nyo?or i mean ung mas madaas na bimibigay sa Sentra?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    need not to worry that much. you can always get M/T. as convenient as the A/T could be, the M/T is always fun to drive. the upside is that you could utilize that torque and squeeze out the potentials of the engine. another one is, you can control your fuel consumption with M/T. :D
    yeah tnx Bro,tlgang ndi ako kukuha ng MATIC!all i'm worried about now is the problem i would face on Sentra,i have no idea yet kung ano ang madalas na bumibigay....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako kasi, may bias siguro sagot( obvious ba?) dami ko na rin natutunan sa current ride ko. . i know most if not all of the pros and cons of the familia, the places to get parts, places where i can have my car serviced .. kaya no problem for me. . plus,aesthetically, mas type ko yung mazda .. former car was a series 3 sentra pala pero sandali lang and we sold it kasi puro bangga ko na. hehehe too young to actually bond with and enjoy the car. . .

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ako kasi, may bias siguro sagot( obvious ba?) dami ko na rin natutunan sa current ride ko. . i know most if not all of the pros and cons of the familia, the places to get parts, places where i can have my car serviced .. kaya no problem for me. . plus,aesthetically, mas type ko yung mazda .. former car was a series 3 sentra pala pero sandali lang and we sold it kasi puro bangga ko na. hehehe too young to actually bond with and enjoy the car. . .
    tnx Caloyski,so how do u find Sentra in terms of performance,durability & fuel consumptions?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tnx huggybear,bkit ibinenta nyo agad Bro?
    E kc po d kasya family e. 6 kme lahat hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tnx Caloyski,so how do u find Sentra in terms of performance,durability & fuel consumptions?

comparing the familia a/t 1.6l to my former ss3 sentra supersaloon m/t,

mas performer ang familia, engine wise and handling (stiffer suspension and precise steering. . sentra has a soft suspension kasi tapos steering feel is numb, imo) yung b13 sentra na eccs though was nice!

a/t tranny-wise, (yung isang series 3 namin matic and yung b13 also), mas smooth ang shifting ng nissan. . the series 3 a/t is still holding up quite well (we sold it to my dad's bro) despite na bugbog sobra yung exterior, sira yung seats, kalampag suspension, sirang speedometer. hehehe. sa mazda naman sometimes has an ugly jolt from 1st to 2nd gear. . male-lessen ito sa tapak sa accelerator. .the tranny is still holding up quite well despite the abuse i give it. . so yun. .

re: durability, interior is better sa sentra (series 3 na super saloon ha). . feel of plastics were better. . a\c, power window, door lock, headlight stalk, wiper stalk switches also felt more "solid" than the familia where you really feel the plastic "click". hindi pa naman nasisira yung sa familia though..mas madumihin lang pala yung interior ng sentra since it is a bit gray. . exterior-wise, mas ok ang bakal ng sentra since walang rust na nag form. .sa mazda, meron sa right-rear wheel fender (mind you na sakit yan talaga ng model na yan ha)

re: seats, seats and support were better sa mazda. . .mas may lumbar support and mas malalim yung side bolsters(?). . mas durable din yung seats and foam ng mazda ..nasira lang yung foam ng driver seat ng mazda because mahilig ako magDIY inside the car and put my knees on the seats. . kaya ayun. durog..had it reupholstered and repaired naman kaya ok na ok na. . we HAD 3 sentras dati (1 93 ssaloon and 2 series 3s both ssaloons at a time) nasira agad yung foam ng sandalan. . all 3 ha..ramdam mo na yung bakal. . yung right shoulder part ng driver area. .

re: fuel consumption, i'm currently getting 6-7km/l with some hataw hataw driving na yun. . decent and good enough for me ..sa nissan, sorry, wala pa ako pakialam nun kasi mura pa gas nun. . im guessing mga 8 km/l ..m/t

oh. . and what i really liked about the mazda was during rainy season. . mabaha diba? since i studied in USTe before, napadaan na ako sa baha ng maria clara area. . sa nissan, with about 3/4 wheel depth, nipasukan yung loob ng tubig. . sa mazda, walang pumasok sa interior(water was reaching the hood while moving yan ha) . .although, engine was close to conking out. . hehehehe

personal experience ko yan ha

hth..
    Last edited by caloyski5; October 21st, 2005 at 06:37 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    comparing the familia a/t 1.6l to my former ss3 sentra supersaloon m/t,

mas performer ang familia, engine wise and handling (stiffer suspension and precise steering. . sentra has a soft suspension kasi tapos steering feel is numb, imo) yung b13 sentra na eccs though was nice!

a/t tranny-wise, (yung isang series 3 namin matic and yung b13 also), mas smooth ang shifting ng nissan. . the series 3 a/t is still holding up quite well (we sold it to my dad's bro) despite na bugbog sobra yung exterior, sira yung seats, kalampag suspension, sirang speedometer. hehehe. sa mazda naman sometimes has an ugly jolt from 1st to 2nd gear. . male-lessen ito sa tapak sa accelerator. .the tranny is still holding up quite well despite the abuse i give it. . so yun. .

re: durability, interior is better sa sentra (series 3 na super saloon ha). . feel of plastics were better. . a\c, power window, door lock, headlight stalk, wiper stalk switches also felt more "solid" than the familia where you really feel the plastic "click". hindi pa naman nasisira yung sa familia though..mas madumihin lang pala yung interior ng sentra since it is a bit gray. . exterior-wise, mas ok ang bakal ng sentra since walang rust na nag form. .sa mazda, meron sa right-rear wheel fender (mind you na sakit yan talaga ng model na yan ha)

re: seats, seats and support were better sa mazda. . .mas may lumbar support and mas malalim yung side bolsters(?). . mas durable din yung seats and foam ng mazda ..nasira lang yung foam ng driver seat ng mazda because mahilig ako magDIY inside the car and put my knees on the seats. . kaya ayun. durog..had it reupholstered and repaired naman kaya ok na ok na. . we HAD 3 sentras dati (1 93 ssaloon and 2 series 3s both ssaloons at a time) nasira agad yung foam ng sandalan. . all 3 ha..ramdam mo na yung bakal. . yung right shoulder part ng driver area. .

re: fuel consumption, i'm currently getting 6-7km/l with some hataw hataw driving na yun. . decent and good enough for me ..sa nissan, sorry, wala pa ako pakialam nun kasi mura pa gas nun. . im guessing mga 8 km/l ..m/t

oh. . and what i really liked about the mazda was during rainy season. . mabaha diba? since i studied in USTe before, napadaan na ako sa baha ng maria clara area. . sa nissan, with about 3/4 wheel depth, nipasukan yung loob ng tubig. . sa mazda, walang pumasok sa interior(water was reaching the hood while moving yan ha) . .although, engine was close to conking out. . hehehehe

personal experience ko yan ha

hth..
    salamat Pareng Caloyzki,the wa i look at it,Sentra would be a good choice,sabi kc ng iba mdyo pili lng daw ang place na pupuntahan pra mkahanap ng pyesa pag nasira ang Familia,though mas mahal ang pyesa ng Nissan marami nman maha2nap na parts,is it true na malakas daw lumaklak ng gas ang Mazda?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    salamat Pareng Caloyzki,the wa i look at it,Sentra would be a good choice,sabi kc ng iba mdyo pili lng daw ang place na pupuntahan pra mkahanap ng pyesa pag nasira ang Familia,though mas mahal ang pyesa ng Nissan marami nman maha2nap na parts,is it true na malakas daw lumaklak ng gas ang Mazda?
    pag a/t, YESH! manual gets about 8-9km/l. . may nakaka 10km/l or more pero goodie-good boy driving na yun. .

cant go wrong with the sentra, paps. .mura resale ba? that's good news for 2nd hand car buyers diba? (wink wink) same goes for the mazda. . saw sa buy and sell yesterday yung astina which is being sold for 90k petot! my gulay! kung may pera lang ako!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Nissan Sentra or Mazda Familia?help!!!