New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    so guys if Nissan is better what model will you suggest to me for 180k,i mean in terms of performance,fuel consumption,all powered features & durability?tnx 4 ur input

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mr wizard,
    i have a 1993 car. for the past three years i've been having it insured at toyota pasong tamo (yup! and it's not even a toyota..) they take care of the comprehensive insurance, TPL, registration, and the emissions testing. so no need to line up at LTO.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    really?so tingin mo nag i-insured pa cla n mga 94 model pababa?Bro pls help nman,send mo nman skin kung saan ang address nung cnasabi mo ska ng contact # pra mkpag-inquire ako,this is my email...harrold_xp*yahoo.com,salamat ng marami!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    guys how about a LANCER instead of Sentra?need ur feedback about,fuel consumption,durability,parts price & availability,what can u say about this 2 cars?tnx po uli..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by key7wizard4
    tnx vinj,so would u prefer sentra instead of mazda?
    We've had both models, we had to sell our FAmilia due to auto tranny problems which never got fully cured; since 1993 we've owned three Sentras ('93, '99, and '01). The Mazda definitely has more space then the Sentra and the performance is a bit better in the stock handling and engine power department (this is comparing the a/t models). The Mazda consumes more fuel though.

I'm biased more to the Sentra; its more popular so there's more parts and service available for one.

With your budget, a decent 1997-1998 1.4 EX Saloon can be found. Pretty fuel efficient, just look for the m/t model.

Take your time... look at all your options. Madaming 2nd hand cars ngayon when you look through the Manila Bulletin on Sundays.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by key7wizard4
    guys i'm really confused,i'm planning to buy a 2nd hand car,this is supposed to be my 1st car,since i have a small budget for a Corolla Gli 95 & up model,do u think it's wise to go for Nissan Sentra or Mazda Familia GLXi w/c can buy 96 & up for my budget,tnx in advance
    i suggest Nissan:
    strong AC
    smoother ride (If you prefer it)
    nice interior
    timing chain (anyone?)
    fuel efficient engine (when not gunned)
    nice 5speed transmission

though the Mazda also deserves a hard look
    better styling IMO
    better handling
    engine note to die for (heck its the based gen1 Miata engine)
    i think its roomier too
    it just guzzles gas more than the Sentra

P.S *vinj: he wrote that he never got his Familia's tranny problems cured.
    man if you're talking bout the shift shocks i think that's a normal Mazda ATx bugs...i used to own a 626 AT with the same problems but bottomline is...the tranny works great. "HOLD" feature is so ingenious.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    P.S *vinj: he wrote that he never got his Familia's tranny problems cured.
    man if you're talking bout the shift shocks i think that's a normal Mazda ATx bugs...i used to own a 626 AT with the same problems but bottomline is...the tranny works great. "HOLD" feature is so ingenious.
    The shift shock wasnt much of a concern on ours; what happened with ours was during one long trip, our tranny just decided to give way (I don't know if this is a rare case; ours was maintained properly with ATF top-ups and change fluids). After it was overhauled, it never performed the same anymore and we just decided to sell instead of getting a surplus tranny.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    key7wizard4, follow your heart.

personally, i would want to get a 323f in M/T. i test drove both sentra and 323F in the past, though both are nimble enough. the DOHC engine of mazda is quite powerful for my taste - torquey i mean. it's roomy and comfy.

shift shocks? even a A/T civic have those.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    key7wizard4, follow your heart.

personally, i would want to get a 323f in M/T. i test drove both sentra and 323F in the past, though both are nimble enough. the DOHC engine of mazda is quite powerful for my taste - torquey i mean. it's roomy and comfy.

shift shocks? even a A/T civic have those.
    Tnx bro,though there's a lot of Sentra & 323 available i'm still looking for some output so i can figure it out,they say Mazda's engine is so powerful the only thing worry about was the defect i have to face in the future w/c some says that cannot be cured.....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    familia.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Nissan Sentra or Mazda Familia?help!!!