New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys I plan to open up my own taxi franchise early next year. My first choice sana yung Vios.

Here's the problem. Toyota doesn't allow the Vios to be made into a taxi anymore (wait for the Avanza daw!). Nissan allows the Sentra. They're both similarly priced kaya okay lang. I just want to know the strong and weak points ng dalawa.

Thanks in advance mga kafatid.

EDIT: I'm wondering how many kms/l does the Sentra 1.3L make? And the Vios 1.3L?

Also, maintenance-wise, similar lang ba ang cost?
    Last edited by Bry; October 25th, 2006 at 07:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Similar lang siguro yung cost... the only major problem with older EFI Sentras was the expense in repairing aircon problems, but I'm not sure about the compressor on current QG engines.. The Nissan will definitely have lower fuel efficiency, as it's a heavy body. But Nissan will probably give you lots of extras if you buy from them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think Bry is referring to the new Sentra base model (Gx?)

How about Picantos or Rios?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah, understood, that's why I said I wasn't sure if the price of fixing the compressor is still an issue on current models.

Otherwise, current Sentras are pretty mechanically solid.

Yeah, a Kia Rio would be an interesting choice for a taxi, and it looks good, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Picantos and Rios are also good cars in their own right, pero I'm more inclined to Japanese makes kasi. For now.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Picantos and Rios are also good cars in their own right, pero I'm more inclined to Japanese makes kasi. For now.
    Same here!

Anyways, may nakita akong comparison between the two....

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31419

hope this helps! Good luck po sa biz nyo!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    Same here!

Anyways, may nakita akong comparison between the two....

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31419

hope this helps! Good luck po sa biz nyo!
    Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Question lang, if cars are used for utility purposes (like taxi, bus, etc.), warranty isn't covered anymore, right?

If that's the case, why bother getting brand new? Unless you're getting A WHOLE FLEET like 10 or more, wouldn't it be easier if you just rack up 2nd hand (1-2year old units) from buy and sell markets instead?

At least before you convert it for cab use (shouldn't be much other than meters, painting of letters and permits, right?), you can have the units checked in casa first and have "warranty-related" issues done at minimal cost before they become taxis...

Just wondering, coz there are a lot of 1.3J Vios out there anyway.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Question lang, if cars are used for utility purposes (like taxi, bus, etc.), warranty isn't covered anymore, right?

If that's the case, why bother getting brand new? Unless you're getting A WHOLE FLEET like 10 or more, wouldn't it be easier if you just rack up 2nd hand (1-2year old units) from buy and sell markets instead?

At least before you convert it for cab use (shouldn't be much other than meters, painting of letters and permits, right?), you can have the units checked in casa first and have "warranty-related" issues done at minimal cost before they become taxis...

Just wondering, coz there are a lot of 1.3J Vios out there anyway.

Yup! Hindi na covered by warranty.

We're getting 10 units muna to start, and eventually work our way up.

Nung una gusto ko din sana kumuha ng 1 year old cars, pero since thru bank financing ko babayaran yung units, parang mas madali yata pag diretso sa casa. Most used car owners kasi want at least 50% dp and 1 year to pay, while sa bank pwede 20% lang tapos 2-3 years.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    nissan gx or vios, if you are buying 10 units that will be a hell of an investment.. surely you want to make the right investment.. i strongly suggest you visit iloilo.. maybe it will cost you P 20,000.00. but you will get all the answers you need... you can also get in touch with Bong Suntay.. the owner of Basic taxi in manila.. he can give you a good tip..

but if you ask me, i'll go for a vios.. wat is important to taxi drivers is the fuel efficiency of your taxicabs.. if they eat a lot of gas they will either ask for a lower rental or leave and transfer to company's with taxicabs that are more fuel efficient.. this is the main reason why many taxicabs converted to lpg...

there are a lot of considerations talaga.. but at the end of the day i believe vios is the right choice.. dont buy kia.. you are throwing your money...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Nissan Sentra GX (1.3L) vs Toyota Vios J (1.3L) - FOR TAXI USE