New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Most of my previous thread made shows that one of the best car for a 120-150k budget is nissan sentra..

i have 4 in mind now..and im now familiar with them..hope you can help me with their PROS and CONS..

Nissan Sentra b14
    vs
    Nissan Sentra b13
    vs
    Nissan Sentra Series 3
    vs
    Nissan Sentra Series 4

which is the best among this 4 mods?..please help..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Series 3 = B14

Series 4? By this you mean yung N16 Sentra?

Syempre ang pinakamaganda yung pinakabago, which is the N16. All new body and engines na eh. But I don't think that will fit in a 100+k budget. Which leaves us with the B14 Sentra. Still a very good car. Just make sure it was well taken cared of.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i see kc sir mga Series 4 130k starting price..not sure with the year..

how about parts availability ng Nissan mdali ba maghanap..cavite area q

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You can get an Exalta STA for that budget.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    mas mganda poh ba ung exalta?..what is the difference of the sa sentra..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    With an exalta you can get all the luxury of a sedan especially for the STA model.

B13 is a very nice car to have, cant avoid there might be some rust portions but in a minimal stage only.

B14, in my opinion is the best option.

Series 4 is the rebagged version of the b14 prior to the exalta model where in the headlights are crystal and bigger taillights.

The best option is to get the lastest model at will fit within your budget. Try getting the highest model like super saloon, se saloon or super touring.

Dont you worry about parts since there are still tons of surplus and brand new OE parts readily available in the market for sentras.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    most of the B14 mods are 120k..i thnk the 30k left will be for the maintenance and repair..

another question sir..with Nissan b14 vs AE101 toyota which is more practical to have..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by red.speedy View Post
    You can get an Exalta STA for that budget.

Although the Sentra STA has the most toys... it's also the worst fuel guzzler because of its weight with all the toys. Best would be the Sentra B14 Super Saloon or Super Touring models. Mechanically the same, just having a bit more "aero" kits for the Super Touring model.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dyeyk0003 View Post
    Most of my previous thread made shows that one of the best car for a 120-150k budget is nissan sentra..

i have 4 in mind now..and im now familiar with them..hope you can help me with their PROS and CONS..

Nissan Sentra b14
    vs
    Nissan Sentra b13
    vs
    Nissan Sentra Series 3
    vs
    Nissan Sentra Series 4

which is the best among this 4 mods?..please help..
    Sentra b13 (series 2) has the best iconic look for the Sentra series. Looks sleeker. Four wheel independent suspension. Downside (aside from the age) is the short front suspension travel. If you lower it, it was bottom out on the smallest of bumps and humps. Rust on the body is rare IF there is no collision damage. Engine type GA16DE = 110hp with side draft style intake

Sentra B14 (series 3) is more modern. The front suspension issue has been fixed with a longer travel. Rear suspension has been converted to a beam type. Adjustability is limited. Ride is okay. Potential for upgrades is wider because of more modern looking B14 (series 4) parts like crystal headlights and matching bumpers. Engine type GA16DNE = 105hp with downdraft style intake

Sentra B14 (series 4) is the Taiwan version. Crystal headlights and squared rear taillights instead of the "bar" design. Mechanically about the same with the series 3. Includes the STA and SLA versions. Engine type GA16DE = 110hp

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dyeyk0003 View Post
    i see kc sir mga Series 4 130k starting price..not sure with the year..

how about parts availability ng Nissan mdali ba maghanap..cavite area q
    Ah Exalta pala ang Series 4, hehe. Not used to it being called that. Anyway, I suggest you get the Exalta SLA. You get the slightly more powerful GA16DE with manual transmission as well as all the safety features like ABS and airbags if I'm not mistaken. Its much lighter than the STA so fuel efficiency should be better.