New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My budget is around P350,000.

I thought the Safari was better because of the earlier replies. I used to borrow my cousin's Pajero before he sold it and it was amazingly SLOW. I however love the cargo space.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    You may also want to look for the Trooper 3.1D, if you don't mind Subic imports, the Spacegear 4x4 (which has the same 4WD system and engine as the Pajero Fieldmaster) or the early 90s 3.0 Toyota Prado.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Safer to get non-converted. I think local Terrano(WD21) would fit that budget.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    We had both. But my dad sold his 1994 Safari to his brother...he has the 2000 Fieldmaster left.

He got the the 1994 Safari sometime 2008 as 2nd hand from the previous owner who got it brandnew way back 90's. You know what, when my dad got the Safari the mileage only read 33,000kms++ ---- so sobrang swerte talaga! The previous owner used this as a weekend ride to play golf. It even sported the original Dessert Dueler stock tires pero medyo panipis na, so my dad bought a new Bridgestone Dueler A/T to replace it

Man I loved the Safari! When you step on the pedal and floor it on every gear; wow the sound, and you feel the power, sarap! And even on 5th gear at 140kph meron pang ibibigay...ang downside nga lang is about its handling, you do feel like its floating. I dunno, maybe it had something to repair in the steering then,

My dad pampered the Safari, he changed its oil every 3,000kms reading

I already told my uncle to sell it back to me if he plans to sell the Safari in the near future...hahaha!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    get the pajero, yung intercooler turbo, cheap to maintain at ang daming parts

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
nissan safari 97 vs. pajero 97