New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Kicks owner here since October. Please allow me to share my personal thoughts.

I've seen quite a few AC failure complaints from our FB group. But so far, wala pa naman ako na-experience. I heard Nissan is now addressing this by issuing service recalls.

Yes, I totally agree that the Kicks lacks standard features compared to Ford Territory. Kahit yung VL na TOTL variant, pales in comparison. Sa tingin ko, Nissan intentionally stripped the vehicle of features to lower the price. And perhaps its pricing strategy is deliberate to undercut its closest hybrid rival, the Corolla Cross.

I paid P1.39M for my VE variant, almost bare if you ask me. Cloth seats, no fog lamps, no blindspot warning, no reverse camera (only sensors). Good thing it has 7 airbags and an Apple/Android-ready headunit. But note that these options come standard on the higher variant for P200k more.

Moreover, the interior space is a little lacking. 4 adults could fit comfortably, but 5 is pushing it. The cargo could fit 2 large suitcases with little room left.

When it comes to reliability, as with any other vehicle, only time will tell. I had more unpleasant experiences with Ford than Nissan.

Overall IMHO, the amount I paid for the e-power technology is worth it. The driving experience is enjoyable, with 100% confidence in every acceleration without worrying about fuel consumption. But that's just me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Looks like the root cause of the Kicks' AC issue has been identified with a fix now available.

Kicks AC Issue Statement Update

By sheer coincidence, I saw both of these cars parked side by side at the Podium's basement parking. The size difference looks big from afar but it doesn't seem to be THAT big once you come closer.

In any case, here are my comparison notes so far:

Size and space: Territory wins
    Acceleration: Kicks wins by a mile
    Mileage: Kicks hands down
    Top speed: Territory definitely
    Tech and Features: Territory, not even close
    Which one feels more premium: Territory
    Safety: Territory
    Cost of ownership: Over the first 5 years Kicks wins, anything over 7 years is a crapshoot as battery replacement will not be cheap
    Brand appeal: Nissan Kicks
    Build quality: Territory feels more solidly constructed, especially on the inside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12