As for me, it will be:

1. Innova
    2. Livina (close second)
    3. Avanza (very far third)

6303:fetch:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I've driven an Innova d4d A/T and a Livina 1.8 A/T

The Innova feels and drives like a truck, the steering is vague and a bit heavy than I would've liked, acceleration is more than adequate, can sit 7 comfortably.
    Fuel consumption is 8 to 10 city, 13 highway.

The Livina drives like a car, in fact it will out drive many compacts and sub compact cars. Steering is a bit too light but has a nice feel to it. Transmission is very responsive and take off is better that a 1.8 A/T civic. Brake pedal feel and stopping power is excellent. Its quite narrow inside like a jazz, 2nd row is tight for 3 people so only 6 adults can sit comfortably, legroom is carlike in the 2nd and 3rd row. The aircon is not as cold as the N16 sentra, maybe because its high noon and the test unit has no tint, there's no rear aircon so I'm not sure if it'll reach the 3rd row.

The Avanza, well forget about it, its like buying and driving a 90's vehicle with a bit modern and economical engine.

Your choice will depend on your priorities.

utility, passenger space, proven resale value = Innova

driving dynamic and a car that can sit six = Livina

You can't go wrong with any of the 2...

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by miaerr View Post
    livina > innova > avanza
    mahilig kasi ako magaircon eh kaya livina ako
    When we test drove the Livina, I had my petite adult sister sit on the third. Space was OK for her, but aircon was lacking even if we were already freezin up front.

Apparently, the absence of the rear a/c vents was a cost-cutting measure to make their price competitive.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy_counsel View Post
    When we test drove the Livina, I had my petite adult sister sit on the third. Space was OK for her, but aircon was lacking even if we were already freezin up front.

Apparently, the absence of the rear a/c vents was a cost-cutting measure to make their price competitive.
    I think it's only a matter of aligning your air vent properly. I drove my GL with 5 adults 1 teen, 1 kid and 1 baby (fully loaded) at around 12:30 pm, no complaint from any of my passenger. It was comfortable all the way to 3rd row and a/c setting was 3 only.

SHARING IS CARING.....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    check this out:
    Accelaration:
    YouTube - Grand Livina Acceleration
    Performance:
    YouTube - Grand Livina Performance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Nissan Grand Livina vs. Toyota Innova/Avanza