New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'm looking for a brand new 7-seater MPV for my small family with a budget of P850,000 thereabouts. So far, my two best options at this price range are the following:

1. Nissan Grand Livina 1.8L Elite 2011
    2. Toyota Innova 2.5L J Diesel 2011

What would you choose if your criteria for deciding are: ride comfort, overall look, fuel economy, and reliability?

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Comfort - It goes to the Grand Livina as it rides like a car as advertised, due to its unibody construction as opposed to Innova's body-on-frame construction. Space is adequate throughout all 3 rows, but it cannot match Innova's bigger space. The Innova has more aircon vents than the GL.

Overall look - To each his own. But for me, the GL looks classier since the Innova looks too much of an MPV.

Fuel Economy - Innova does around 9-11 kpl city and higher on the highway. Grand Livina gives around the same fuel economy as some small hatchbacks. Not sure about this one.

Reliability - They're both reliable as there are a lot out there already, but there seems to be minimal complaints about them. Toyota has cured, hopefully, the D-4D problem they had before.

For more info, check this >>> Innova vs Grand Livina

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sir 778k na lang ang GL na MT ngayon..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, the only thing going for the Innova J is the cheaper diesel fuel cost and if you drive on bad roads a lot, suspension/chassis. Plus the usual higher toyota resale value.

I'd lean more to the Grand Livina given it has more features, a 6-speed m/t tranny and i've heard good reviews on its power and FC figures. Per my ownership experience of Nissans, they have always been reliable (underrated) and although OEM parts are more expensive, they last long. Resale value isnt too high as compared to Honda or Toyota but i never had problems selling our Nissans before and i would always get a fair deal.
    Last edited by vinj; April 28th, 2011 at 10:32 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Because of the recalls of the Innovas in Vietnam, I'd say you're better off with the Nissan Grand Livina.

Also, the Grand has more features than the Innova. I'm not also not much of a fan of Diesel Toyotas.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Innova parin ako. Mahal ang gasolina ngayon. I'm also in favor of the robust platform of the Innova. It may not be as good in handling but it'll last a lifetime. The Grand Livina is a good car, with good performance as well. But I find it to be a tad too small for my taste. Or, I suggest you look into the 2nd hand market and get a Carens CRDi with 6 speed M/T. With that you get the all power features, good handling, comfortable ride of the Grand Livina and the power, fuel efficiency and space of the Innova.

Nissan Grand Livina 1.8L Elite M/T 2011, or Toyota Innova 2.5L J diesel 2011?