New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nissan have good "ranking" in the japanese market and honda was (use to be) considered a motorcycle company and thus these japs (nuon and the old ones) consider the honda car as "a motorcycle"....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    nissan have good "ranking" in the japanese market and honda was (use to be) considered a motorcycle company and thus these japs (nuon and the old ones) consider the honda car as "a motorcycle"....
    i agree that most japs prefer nissans over hondas kasi talaga namang new entrant lang ang honda sa auto industry. pero honda's reputation has changed over the past years lalo na nung natalo nila ang US sa automobile sales for a couple of years in a row noong 90's.

anyway, i have this respect for nissans, especially for high-end models like the cefiro.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Yeah... the Cefiro reviewer at motioncars seem a bit partial. I just bought a '99 Cefiro Elite and have been constantly using it for 2 months now... so far so good. It runs like a new '07 model car, even better - luxurious, quiet, smooth and with all the extra electronic gadgets. I've driven a new matic-Toyota Altis and cant find any reason why someone needs to spend 900,000+ when I just spent 1/3 of the amount on a 2nd owned Cefiro which is even more luxurious! It also had 116,000 mileage on it so I just had to change the usual (oil, ATF, Spark-plugs, belts, fuel and oil filter...etc). You have to plan your trips on this though, its a V6. Unless you constantly run into rush-hour heavy traffic, the gas consumption wont be an issue, in fact its even more efficient coz you get to your destination faster.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aychua11 View Post
    Yeah... the Cefiro reviewer at motioncars seem a bit partial. I just bought a '99 Cefiro Elite and have been constantly using it for 2 months now... so far so good. It runs like a new '07 model car, even better - luxurious, quiet, smooth and with all the extra electronic gadgets. I've driven a new matic-Toyota Altis and cant find any reason why someone needs to spend 900,000+ when I just spent 1/3 of the amount on a 2nd owned Cefiro which is even more luxurious! It also had 116,000 mileage on it so I just had to change the usual (oil, ATF, Spark-plugs, belts, fuel and oil filter...etc). You have to plan your trips on this though, its a V6. Unless you constantly run into rush-hour heavy traffic, the gas consumption wont be an issue, in fact its even more efficient coz you get to your destination faster.
    but sir, the corolla altis and the cefiro elite are two totally different cars. the cefiro should be compared to the camry.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Even better than Lexus

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    but sir, the corolla altis and the cefiro elite are two totally different cars. the cefiro should be compared to the camry.
    that's why he's comparing price of brand new altis to that of the 2nd hand cefiro which is (1/3 of the price).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Nissan Cefiro