New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    91 is too old and it may give you a lot of headaches along the way. Not worth it for saving a few thousand pesos.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sentra na! mura din ang pyesa ng B13 Sentra plus it's newer and has more gadgets.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    naunahan me dun sa toyota buti na lng..

now i already paid downpayment/reservation dun sa 1997 nissan lec ps maroon na nakita ko in a car mall. i chose this instead of the silver i first posted because ang dami na rin prob sa paint nung silver.. pa-change ko na lng later to a color of my personal choosing . anyways, the original stereo and speakers are still working great. wala nga lang front power windows and car alarm which is present sa silver. ang plus lang dun sa maroon is naka-racing black and red mags sya.. i'll post pics soon.

i only have one mechanic who comes with me to check the cars..he checked the silver before and he said 110K(maroon) compared sa 130K(silver) is a good deal na. after the test drive, okei daw lahat..no problem with the engine, no leaks etc and cool aircon parin. that's why i settled with the maroon.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yayix View Post
    walang may gusto ng 91 corolla..?
    gusto ko sana sabihin i'll vote for the 91 corolla, pero it really really depends on the condition (bias kasi ako e hehehe)... pero for 90K, better stay away from this one, the amount you'll save will be the amount you'll be spending for repairs. besides, a not so good conditioned 1.6 GL engine will be a bit guzzler with a usual 6-7 km/l.

my vote will go to 97 LEC though i must admit i really don't like how it looks. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Sentra!

Pero may mali yata sa specs mo. Kung 97 LEC, dapat power streering lang yan. Hindi stock ang power windows yan and walang power door locks. Not unless it was upgraded by the owner.

One thing against the Toyota is that it's a 16-year old car. At hindi rin stock ang power windows at door locks nyan.
    another thing against the Toyota is that, naka timing belt siya unlike the Nissan which has timing chains+ twin cam

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by heightdeprived View Post
    another thing against the Toyota is that, naka timing belt siya unlike the Nissan which has timing chains+ twin cam
    what's the advantage of timing chains & twin cam over timing belt?

noob me..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mas matibay ang timing chain. Pag timing belt kasi, usually palit every 80 - 100k mileage. The chain lasts the lifetime of the car.

Twin cams naman generally generate more HP than single cams. Also, tuners can tweak more HP out of twin cam engines than SOHC's.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Mas matibay ang timing chain. Pag timing belt kasi, usually palit every 80 - 100k mileage. The chain lasts the lifetime of the car.

Twin cams naman generally generate more HP than single cams. Also, tuners can tweak more HP out of twin cam engines than SOHC's.

thanks for the info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
nissan 97 lec ps 130K or corolla 91 gl 80K - which 1 to buy?