New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    My vios pms cost is less than 4k every 10's and almost 2k every 5's using mineral oil.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    I'll take the yaris on this comparison. Coz I really like how it looks. Regarding PMS cost, I still find Toyota more expensive. For comparison my CRV which is a 2.0 liter, only cost me 4.9k for the first 6-month PMS, while my Altis which was a 1.6 Liter cost me 6.5k for the first 5000kms. Both fully synthetic oil ginamit. Yung every 5,000KMS na yun only will take you 4 to 5 months if you use your car daily. So in effect napapagastos pa ako sa Toyota ng sobra sobra.
    Regarding the pms on your altis sir, 6.5k for the fully synthetic oil only? Alam ko free ang labor naman for 1k pms and 5k pms labor right? Ano pa po yung ginawa sa altis nyo nun? Regarding sa use, pwedeng everyday use pero malapit lang panghatid lang sa anak ko mga 20km a day lang balikan.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by luis_ View Post
    My vios pms cost is less than 4k every 10's and almost 2k every 5's using mineral oil.
    San kayo dealer nag papa pms sir? The 4k is semi synth?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

San kayo dealer nag papa pms sir? The 4k is semi synth?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Actual Vios 1.3 E AT PMS using mineral oil (same engine as Yaris)

PMS KM READ AMOUNT REMARKS
    1K KMS 1499 1,130.45 Jan 2014, 3L oil, gasket, filter FREE 1L oil and labor
    5K PMS 4450 1,319.45 May 2014, 4L oil, gasket, filter FREE labor
    10K PMS 8278 3,552.80 Dec 2014, 4L oil, gasket, filter, spark plug, brake cleaning, shop supplies

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'll take the Honda 1.5 CVT on this one.

1.3 + ancient AT = sluggish drive & HIGH fuel expenses. I don't know why Toyota isn't implementing CVT yet on their econo cars.

1.5 + CVT = better fuel economy and overall driving performance.

Driving CVT takes some getting used to. I drive a 1.8 CVT (3rd Generation). I can do 23+ kms/L Hwy at 100kmh (1500rpm) / 80kmh (1250rpm). Nissan Sylphy which is a compact class car. 12-14kms/L in city is unheard of for such a size of car and engine but with CVT, it can. On bad traffic, it does 7.5-8km/L which is still not bad. You sit in a spacious quiet cabin, gentle suspension (not like the jarring rock-hard suspension of subcompacts). I think with Bridgestone Ecopia like on the 1.6CVT variant, it will be more frugal (I'm currently on stock Continental contipremiums).

The bad deal here is the yaris because for the price, you only get a 1.3 engine and dinosaur of a transmission. For a little bit more, you get 1.5 + CVT with Honda. To sweeten the deal, negotiate for a rear camera. It's really useful. Having driver aids doesn't make you less of a man (or a driver), you're just smart in using available technology.

TIP: Don't get too attached to your agent, they're just that, agents. They are not your friends. They are after you to sell. So maximize that, make them fight with other agents for your money. THe best agent with the most freebies win.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Dinosaur transmission? The Vios has one of the most responsive 4ATs I've driven. Definitely quicker than any of Honda's 5ATs.

Yes malakas sa gas because of the limited gear ratios, but it responds instantly to pedal input, maximizing its 4 gears and puny engine.

The Vios makes the most of its 10 year old tech, and though the first gen and 3rd gen share the same engine and transmission on paper, the driving experience has been improved drastically with the current Vios.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefaith View Post
    Regarding the pms on your altis sir, 6.5k for the fully synthetic oil only? Alam ko free ang labor naman for 1k pms and 5k pms labor right? Ano pa po yung ginawa sa altis nyo nun? Regarding sa use, pwedeng everyday use pero malapit lang panghatid lang sa anak ko mga 20km a day lang balikan.
    1k lang sir yung free ang labor. 5k may bayad na. Yung pinalitan aside from the fully synthetic oil is the oil filter, yun lang po ata.

Quote Originally Posted by Drefaith View Post
    1k lang sir yung free ang labor. 5k may bayad na. Yung pinalitan aside from the fully synthetic oil is the oil filter, yun lang po ata.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Nice car. I like it.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post

10K PMS 8278 3,552.80 Dec 2014, 4L oil, gasket, filter, spark plug, brake cleaning, shop supplies
    Btw, is it going to be every 5km? Or you can opt for a fully synthetic and go back after 10km?

Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post

Btw, is it going to be every 5km? Or you can opt for a fully synthetic and go back after 10km?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015

So sir, after the first pms, which is 1k km, can you opt for the fully synthetic on the 5k pms so the next pms will be after 10k wc is on the 15k mileage reading?

So sir, after the first pms, which is 1k km, can you opt for the fully synthetic on the 5k pms so the next pms will be after 10k wc is on the 15k mileage reading?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12